'Toddlers are being detained.' 3 Trump 'Tender Age' immigrant baby jails confirmed, more are coming

You got me curious, so I just ordered it.

3 Likes

12 Likes

BTW: that’s a variation of a tactic that Naomi Klein was advocating shortly after the election.

Perhaps time for a revisit?

5 Likes

Consistency has never been his strong point.

Yeah, this. It isn’t the first time that “Just do it” has led to obvious and forseeable problems. Remember when the muslim ban was applied to returning greencard holders? The evil of this administration is exceeded only by its incompetence.

9 Likes

One thing that we need to remember is that these people are refugees. Calling them migrants is an attempt to make them seem only in it for the money. A “migrant” doesn’t get the same degree of sympathy as “refugee”.

So please, wherever we go, call them what they are: refugees. Especially to those people who stick to “illegals”, as they are ignorant assholes who have never met a refugee in their life.

@xeni, can we change the title of this article as well? It may help to change the narrative, to remind people that we are throwing refugee children in concentration camps, putting refugee toddlers in jails.

10 Likes
3 Likes

Some of them are refugees, some of them are not.

All of them are human, and none of them should be imprisoned.

12 Likes

It is a test by the presidency of the presidency. Once sufficient numbers of us are numbed to this, they will get away with everything. Consider the timing of withdrawing from UNHRC while stepping up human rights violations. And this.

8 Likes

With a flight time of three to ten minutes for most consumer grade drones, they are unsuited to the task.

1 Like

I have always thought that the simplest way to ease (although not eliminate) the difficulties that we have would be to hire enough judges to make that determination in a timely manner. No matter what level of immigration you thought was correct, you’d think that both sides could agree to do this. The apparent inability/disinclination of the politicians to do so does give me the suspicion that both sides would rather have an issue to beat each other up with. And before somebody says that I am creating a false equivalence there is nothing on the left that compares to taking toddlers away from their mothers. Nothing.

“The other complexity here is we don’t know the kids’ histories, so if they’re fleeing a country that has a lot of conflict,” says Nelson. “If the children have already been exposed to highly levels of trauma-related things, then this is going to be that much worse.”

Is that a row of porta-potties?

5 Likes

This is a literal crime against humanity. Unfortunately i can’t verbalize my thoughts on this further without the fear of getting banned over my language.

8 Likes

Let’s see…how can we convince yet another race of people to want to want to kill us?

I know! Lets rip children from their parents.
Nothing bad can come from this.

We reap what we see.

4 Likes

Refugees have rights under international treaties that the US has ratified and international law. This is why 45’s administration is very careful to call them immigrants at every turn.

9 Likes

I was thinking about this, and the reaction from the Fox News crowd is interesting to watch.

A hobby of mine is building props and effects for horror/mystery themed live theater events. We’ve learned that people are pretty blasé about other people being killed and maimed and stuff; they’ve all seen enough scary movies and haunted houses that a bleeding/dead guy isn’t going to get much reaction. But children, babies, and dogs are instant triggers for nearly everyone. Even the suggestion of something bad happening to a kid will horrify most sympathetic people, even if they know it’s fake.

These are thousands of real actual kids being put in danger, orphaned, and mistreated. The entire world is reacting as you would expect them to. The fact that there’s people who are somehow surprised that other humans would be horrified tells me a lot about how much they can justify in the name of politics. This is absolutely how we get Nazis.

10 Likes

Oh listen, tender lumplings
Let me take your little hand
I’ll take you from this hell-hole
To the Promised Land

But don’t blame me, oh children
If the promises don’t keep
'Cause promises like lives
Can be bought so very cheap

1 Like

We’re warehousing babies.

Rachel Maddow is crying, I’m crying, half the country is crying.

This reminds me EXACTLY of when President Bush decided for selfish reasons to invade Iraq after Saudis destroyed the towers. Half the country was upset, a small part of those actively protested, but president plowed through and did what he wanted anyway, and enough people went along with it to legitimize it for decades.

We’re all still paying that price, wonder how many decades we are going to pay now for this president and what the final price will be.

1 Like

Talking about music & politics… I’m reminded of HUMANWINE, an excellent group with lots of political activism in their musical DNA

Some choice lyrics from that song:

They burgle the heart of the child and fall them to sleep
By feeding them lies like a pill promising it’s alright
But never so broke is this newly sick joke
Delusions are spoiling the air that we breathe

They show me friends
And who I should hate
Tossing out freedoms to keep us all safe
WAIT WAIT WAIT!
And for $19.95 you can get 20% more freedumb brand
Wake up wake up Don’t swallow the pill
Wake up wake up Your fear will kill
The thieves are crawling through the night

I also recommend Rivolta Silenziosa, one of their more catchy songs. I also seriously need Rage Against The Machine to get back together because we need their political voice now more than ever.

1 Like

Thanks for your service, brave soul. I can’t even tolerate the Russian bot comments on legitimate news sources. Wading into Breitbart would break my soul.

our next hotbed of terrorists.

4 Likes