Toilet designed to be uncomfortable to sit on, aimed at boosting employee productivity

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/18/toilet-designed-to-be-uncomfor.html

3 Likes

Why do they assume that was their money to lose? is any recompense to employees their “losses” as well? This fucking mentality. So businesses start out entitled to everything, and anything they don’t get to extract is a loss?

42 Likes

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 10.26.45 AM

40 Likes

Gah, you beat me to it! I even framed my screenshot the same way.

8 Likes

I’m sitting on an uncomfortable toilet seat at work right now

38 Likes

So how much productivity will be lost as people try to find a comfortable toilet?

28 Likes

Another reason I’m glad to be retired.

6 Likes

Instant ADA lawsuit device. Upon installation, you have declared you are making your restrooms cause pain in normal use with a fully abled body. You can go right to filing the suit the moment you see this thing installed.

53 Likes

This is evil. Those responsible will be getting swirlies.

10 Likes

Same attitude in ISDS, where they get to sue for profits they “would have earned”.

Same attitude in the minds of developers, who see every piece of green space as one they just haven’t gotten around to building on yet.

6 Likes

17 Likes

Toilet designed to be uncomfortable to sit on, aimed at boosting employee productivity

I see what you’re aiming at.

9 Likes

As someone who has a back injury, there’s no way in hell I’m using that thing.

I’d rather shit right there on the floor.

Or rather, on the desk of whoever approved this thing.

32 Likes

I can’t remember where, but there was a novel in which the main character had a ‘visitor’s chair’ in his office - he had cut 1-1/2" off of the front legs. It encouraged people to ‘move along’.

Bad pun not intended…

5 Likes

I wonder what it will do to profits when employees use random office items to prop up the seat by 13 degrees.

7 Likes

Will my legs still fall asleep? Because that’s how I know it’s time to end my break.

4 Likes

Time to fabricate some 13 degree toilet seat wedges…

12 Likes

And if you can’t aim, at least it will help the pee run off the seat. People should be happy about that, right?

2 Likes

I have repeated nightmares about trying to find a toilet, preferably with a seat, some privacy and not too disgusting. Never have I had a dream where it tries to dump me off or cause me pain trying to stay on it. Clap Clap reality. You are now worse than my nightmares.

16 Likes

I can’t believe that I’m the first one to get to post this:

29 Likes