Tokaido - a game about traveling the eastern sea road from Kyoto to Edo

[Read the post]

1 Like

If anyone is curious about what gameplay looks like they played this game on Tabletop.

2 Likes

It’s Samurai Champloo!

2 Likes

It’s a nice fun game! Something about the awesome careful artwork, beautiful and minimalist, just screams that it would make a really great makeover with a gaudy Americana Route 66 skin.

1 Like

Let me know when they come out with Sharktokaido. That I might play.

1 Like

Loansharktokaido, where you can borrow money from Yakuza?

Loansharknadotokaido?

(where you can borrow money from Yakuza while dodging predators falling from the sky?)

2 Likes

Beautiful as the game is, most of the decisions during play are pretty obvious. I enjoy it anyway.

I also want to make a plug for buying at your friendly local game store, if you’re fortunate enough to have one. Amazon might save me a few bucks, but they won’t demo a game for me, and they don’t tables and chairs for my friends and me.

1 Like

I almost got in on a big game of this the other day, but everyone panicked when someone mentioned how long a 10-player game would likely take, especially since no one knew the rules. Maybe next time.

I like a lot Wink, but just adding “buy that to your local library/game store” at the end of their articles would be nice.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.