Tom Cruise injures himself while doing stunt for Mission Impossible 6

He’s had many high profile romances with women.

Great actor.

(I kid, I kid)

3 Likes

So what is going on with films/TV shows and stunts lately? Two stunt people died in the past couple of months (one on the set of the Walking Dead and the other just died on the set of Deadpool) and now Cruise got hurt on set. Do injuries and deaths on set always happen this much and we’re just hearing about it more/quicker now a days? Or are films/TV shows becoming much more high action and hence, more dangerous to people who do stunt work? @Donald_Petersen? Any ideas?

3 Likes

Like so.

2 Likes

Exactly that.

at what age do you tell your aging parents they should stop doing their own stunts?

When they marry Katie Holmes.

1 Like

Maybe MM:Thunder Road raised the bar? Lens flare can only go so far.

1 Like

The “doing his own stunts” has been a shtick for a while now, and during every production/release there’s been OMG story about how he was injured or almost killed. (In Last Samurai, he almost had his head cut off…)

I’ve always wondered at the studio and underwriters allowing it. Pass the salt.

1 Like

Careful attention to detail and situation awareness allows Tom Cruise to do all his own stunts.

3 Likes

The studio is assured of making money if he gets killed during production.

At least that’s what the Tom Cruis character in Tropic Thunder says.

1 Like

Am I a bad person for rooting for the building facade instead of the stunt man?

1 Like

There’s lots of mocking here, but this guy is closing on 60 ferchrissakes!

So, despite the fact I can never understand what has led him to and kept him with Scientology and the like, I RESPECT his level of GAME.

Now I just need to find where he keeps his materials for the dark witchcraft he subjects himself to stay so young looking. Johnny Depp ran out of his stash last year.
M

PS - I fully believe this vid was released to elicit the exact response above. Meanwhile in LA, 647 better younger actors keep looking for work…

4 Likes

Reminds me of this:

Keaton actually intended to make the jump, but missed, so he wrote it into the story.

2 Likes

As it has been so shall it ever be. Same with scriptwriters.

I look at that clip and see a failure of the aerial crew. There should be limits on the rigging to not let him fall below the parapet. If Spiderman can jump from the Broadway stage and land on platform on the balcony, surely they can manage this without destroying their star.

2 Likes

In less entertaining news:

2 Likes

Villain driving city bus: “Curses! Foiled again!”

As someone of similar age, he’s 55 as of a month ago. He’s not closing in on 60. He’s more like hovering high above 50.

3 Likes

As someone who turned 60 in April: “You kids get off my lawn!”

Ummm - hate to break it to you…

That said - 50 is the new 40 as far as I’m concerned!

The last one I recall is that he almost drowned doing MI5, or at least was holding his breath longer than any person reasonably should. I think I’d believe it.

Why admire him for doing his own stunts when stunt men can do them with less risk, and better? Seems like macho bullshit to me.

4 Likes