Tom Cruise injures himself while doing stunt for Mission Impossible 6

Well, in theory, the stunt men can do them better because they spend their time training for such things, whereas Mr. Cruise has to put in the training and also act. In theory.

IOW, more macho bullshit. Got it, thanks!

2 Likes

because penis. we’ve been over this!

2 Likes

Bread and circuses.

La, la, la! I can’t hear you!

2 Likes

I am conflicted here.

On the one hand ‘person is injured I don’t want them to be hurt.’

On the other ‘Godamnit I hate tom cruise’s Scientology bullshit Fuck that guy.’

In short ‘I don’t want this scumbag to be permanently injured. i just want him to go away and never come back.’

Holy smokes! That was intense. I’ve seen some parkour/freerunning compilation videos on YouTube and I think it would be funny if somebody spliced in some occasional Buster Keaton footage. He seems to be the grandfather of the sport.

3 Likes

You do realize that hollywood is a major industry that employs millions of people, most of them not Tom Cruise-rich, right? I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss something that has such a large impact on our way of thinking and on the global economy. Things aren’t ever as simple as bread and circuses and hicks who are too dumb to understand the way the world works.

3 Likes

There have been numerous reports over the last two years that he has been cutting ties with Scientology, in part because he was missing his family. I can’t seem to find a reliable source that I’d care to link to at the moment. (Celebrity gossip is so painfully vacuous.)

And MI5 was a genuinely entertaining film. (It can be faulted for being very much a retread of MI4, which is slightly disappointing in that up until then, every film in the series had managed to be surprisingly varied – but then, MI4 is not a bad movie to retread.)

Cake and circuses?

The building jump stunt seems like small potatoes compared to this one…

Here is hoping that is true. I would prefer he start supporting anti-scientology efforts if true since as a VERY prominent (ex?)Scientologist they could get a huge megaphone boost from him about how scientology breaks up families and destroys lives.

1 Like

Real human beings.

1 Like

Sorry, but all those stories are fluff junk. There’s no evidence of it, and lots that he’s still in as deep as ever. He still attends the yearly big event in England, still wears his big-ass Scientology medal, he’s bought a place in Clearwater.

2 Likes

Another Get Smart? :wink:

Video is gone. :frowning:

Well darn. So much for hoping.

In Tinseltown?

Yes. In hollywood. I don’t understand why that’s so controversial.

1 Like

I blame the wardrobe department; it’s hard to jump safely while wearing elevator shoes.

8 Likes