Tom Hanks' blood could be used to develop a vaccine for COVID-19

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/25/tom-hanks-blood-could-be-use.html

5 Likes

Of course we could say the same thing about Boris Johnson

8 Likes

Coming soon:

“Wait, the libtards made fun of our leader’s advice to consume bleach (a proven method to kill germs) but are suggesting that we inject Tom Hank’s blood instead?”

/s

10 Likes

Yes. Absolutely. I’m ok with this.

21 Likes

All I can think to say is

39 Likes

Maybe this’ll make everyone nicer as well?

25 Likes

I’d be curious if any anti-vaxxers would be willing to accept a C19 vaccine that came from Tom Hanks, since that would make it OK.

8 Likes

What a conundrum! Who will play him in the movie?

28 Likes

Not only that, but perhaps make people more understanding and accepting of people who want to marry fish.

15 Likes

Well don’t do it at home.

You need medical interventiin, and besides you can’t just go up to Tom Hanks and take his blood.

I suspect it will be an IV rather tgan an injection, but I’m not a doctor.

Of course, will his plasma go into general circulation, or be a hot item sought after by celevrities and the rich, priced beyond the common person? Not just because it’s a potential cure, but because its Tom Hanks blood?

And will there be side effects? Will you start seeing mermaids, or suddenlt be a boy in a man’s body, or joining the Peace Corps to avoid a gambling debt? The possibilities are endless. Some more distinguished than others.

5 Likes

Read “The Giving Plague” by David Brin. A virus that spreads by blood transfusions by making infected people more altruistic and thus willing to donate blood.
https://www.davidbrin.com/fiction/givingplague.html

8 Likes

I strongly suggest that, once he’s stopped guzzling bleach, we inject some into dear leader.

In Trump’s case, only if their blood types aren’t a match. Here’s hoping!

1 Like

Basic Instructions

14 Likes

Or, if you’re vegan:

Trublood

1 Like

Isn’t that backwards? The virus made them feel sluggish if they didn’t donate blood regularly, and the altruism was the excuse people had for their behavior.

“Altruism,” I said aloud. “They find themselves rushing regularly to the blood bank. So they rationalize that it’s because they’re good people… They become proud of it. Brag about it…”

2 Likes

I look forward to reading the inevitable “A Canticle for Bosom Buddies” after co star Peter Scolari’s blood is found to cure some other global pandemic.

6 Likes

Knowing my luck, I’ll end up in space and the oxygen tanks will explode.

14 Likes

There’s a part of Bloody Stupid Johnson that may help his fellow man? His immune system isn’t going to like that.

4 Likes

When Hanks announced that he had covid what seems like an eternity of weeks ago, the morons who collectively call themselves “QAnon” were certain this was a sign that mass arrests of the evil Librul Globalists had begun. Boy am I excited to see what idiocy they concoct to explain this…

2 Likes

Or, you know, Philadelphia.

3 Likes