TOM THE DANCING BUG: Super-Fun-Pak Comix, feat. "Boiling a Frog," and MORE

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/04/tom-the-dancing-bug-super-fun-24.html

Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH Super-Fun-Pak Comix features “World of Computers,” “How to Draw Doug,” and far, far more!

6 Likes

This is a very, very, very old rerun. How many people smoke after sex anymore?

4 Likes

All of them who don’t use enough lubrication.

21 Likes
17 Likes

cool how the Marital Mirth strip is a minimalist, deadpan recapitulation of the all-time great “two pickets to tittsburgh” joke, sans the superfluous pseudo-realistic fictionalization - payoff is a sober snort rather than a guilty guffaw - opens the door to an array of possible retelling styles, eagerly anticipated - at root, there are only a few stories

1 Like

I took it as a send-up of a strip I always thought was awful, “The Lockhorns”.

8 Likes

I don’t know that one. Is it like “A Sale Of Two Titties” by Daryl’s Chickens?

9 Likes

I keep thinking of Glasbergen’s “The Better Half”. “Unlike some other cartoon couples, “The Better Half” took a gentler, more affectionate and topical look at married life,” he says; I suppose the bar is pretty low.

3 Likes

With a little “Andy Capp” thrown in on occasion for good measure.

8 Likes

Boiling a Frog was brilliant

…and sad

6 Likes

It’s funny horrifying because it’s true!

7 Likes

The well known dutch author???

3 Likes

well, you can google it, but none of the text or video versions get the nuance right - told properly it wields a pro wrestler’s one-two punch of slapstick and bitterness

1 Like

Happily, not something that will ever be a problem for BoingBoingers:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.