Tomi Lahren's unhinged rant on COVID-19 is based on lies

Originally published at: Tomi Lahren's unhinged rant on COVID-19 is based on lies | Boing Boing

6 Likes

She said, “Covid has a very high survival rate for most people. Know what doesn’t? Lawlessness and thuggery in our streets. And we can solve that without forcing shots in arms and infringing on freedoms.”

If only we actually could solve crime with shots vaccinations. That would be fantastic.

ETA: And I was an English major… :man_facepalming:

27 Likes

Oh, you meant vaccinations.
Cos the cops have been kinda trying the other kind…

27 Likes

She said, “Covid has a very high survival rate for most people. Know what doesn’t? Lawlessness and thuggery in our streets. And we can solve that without forcing shots in arms and infringing on freedoms.”

You know what has an even higher survival rate for most people? Getting vaccinated so you don’t get COVID-19.

And if you’re opposed to “lawlessness and thuggery” one way to deal with those is to try to make it so you have to show great responsibility before you get access to the great power of a firearm. I think most people would agree that there is a line in the First Amendment. [Are you allowed to carry a firearm into Fox News’s headquarters? Am I allowed to keep and bear a nuclear device? Should a gun manufacturer make “Baby’s First Firearm”? Uh, forget that last one.] If that’s the case, then let’s negotiate in good faith where that line should be drawn.

16 Likes

Sophia-the-Robot a lot like Tami Lahren

15 Likes

Close, but I don’t think that robot wants me dead.

28 Likes

“Infringing on freedoms” . . .

Part of living in a civilized society is that we all have to sacrifice a certain amount of our freedom to just get along-- speed limits, pollution laws, public decency, etc. (If I lived on a private island I could speed around naked in a truck full of burning garbage and nobody would care.)

If a so-called “Typhoid Mary” case existed where an asymptomatic person was infecting hundreds with something more deadly than COVID, would Lahren think this person’s personal freedom was worth more than the lives of everyone else?

8 Likes

4 Likes

Drew Barrymore Oops GIF by NETFLIX

11 Likes

So… what she’s claiming is we can entirely prevent crime from happening in the first place without infringing on freedoms? (And within her definition of “freedom” which involves the freedom to do whatever you want without regard for others.) Interesting assertion…

16 Likes

Thanks. This is what I was thinking, but you said it a lot more clearly and succinctly than I could.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s actually easy. In fact I think there’s a movie franchise that shows how to do that. Everybody’s free to do whatever they want and there’s no crime.

If Ms. Lahren wants to live in that world, I’d say let’s find a small uninhabited island and send her and anyone else who wants to join her there so they can make it happen.

4 Likes

Incidentally, that would solve our Covid problem too, by moving all the anti-vax morons to an isolated island where they can die together either from Covid or from shooting each other with their guns.

6 Likes

When the freedoms are right, only the right people will be free. *
~Tomi Lahren, probably

*There is debate about her (probable) phrasing here- some contend that she actually (probably) said “When the freedoms are right, only the white people will be free.” It’s less aphoristic, but a much more honest expression of her character.

6 Likes

By my count, over half a million people died from Covid last year [edit: in the US]. Orders of magnitude more than died from “Lawlessness and thuggery” (including the Lawlessness and thuggery perpetuated by the police)

5 Likes

You mean Tomi Lahren lied just to rile up a bunch of right-wing know-nothings? I’m shocked. /s

5 Likes

True. I’m not contesting COVID facts, I’m contesting her logic.

6 Likes

I’m getting a “Please, kill me.” vibe from that animatronic.

“Ms Lahren and friends, welcome to your new home on La isla del Señor de las Moscas .”

6 Likes

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.