Top three most popular dogs by US State

That was a few years back, and I was only there for the day! It was a really nice day for walking, but not for the dog. There was a some kind of jet fighter maneuvers going on and the shrieks kind of spooked her.

1 Like

My dog is ten,and I lost two cats last year that had been with us for 15 years. Talk as much as you need to, we are here to listen. God damn life can be cruel.

1 Like

When I hear about these mixes I try not to think about how they happened. The logistics are just too odd.

Sorry to hear about your pup. <3

I think thereā€™s been a real problem with overbreeding of the smaller dogs. I know we got ours from Seattle Humane, and heā€™d been sent west from the eastern part of the state. They told us small dogs donā€™t get adopted over there; the preference is for hunting/working dogs.

We were told heā€™s a chihuahua mix, but we think heā€™s actually at least half Xoloitzcuintle. I think they label everything small ā€œchihuahua mixā€.

I havenā€™t tried the ferries yet. Iā€™m a little scared of them. Who knows where Iā€™ll end up?? :laughing:

1 Like

The OHS shelter had a half-Mexican hairless, half American Eskimo Dog! He was one weird looking little guy, like a Pokemon character. But: Adopted in a day and a half.

My veterinarian mentioned that Oregonā€™s shelters have been taking in Chihuahuas from shut-down breeding operations.

2 Likes

Agreed.

Same here. The shelter is full of them.

Question: Do you get more than one ā€œbest pet everā€ in your life? My 1st cat was an amazing character, I could sit with him on my TreBeCa street and heā€™d act like he was mayor, greeting everyone human or not. I was a mess when he was put down at 14. I wonder if Iā€™ll ever see his like again. My wife thinks when you have kids in the house you just donā€™t attach the same way. Our 2 current rescue cats: oneā€™s a sweet idiot, the otherā€™s a smart prick who hates me ( probably because it was me who took him to get fixed). Kinda waiting for one of them to go so I can try again.

1 Like

Do you get one ā€œbest child everā€ in your life, if you have two or more vying for the title?

Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses which add up uniquely, but love isnā€™t bound by that calculus.

Actually, youā€™d probably be surprised how many parents, especially of adult children, would answer ā€œyesā€. I just got back from visiting my mom on her 82nd birthday, so you know itā€™s me in my family.

Youā€™d probably be surprised how many children are convinced itā€™s them, or conversely that itā€™s NOT them. And how many parents would give an entirely different answer from one day to the next.

Yes, absolutely. I would be surprised. By well into adulthood the patterns are pretty set who is good to their parents and brought them positive experiences, and who hasnā€™t.

Related:

scientific paper,
http://www.cell.com/current-biology/abstract/S0960-9822(15)00432-7

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.