~ww 84~

No mention of the WW84 on BB? Really?

7 Likes

Might be good, but what a generic meh trailer.

2 Likes

WW84 looks like Brunette Barbarella.

Brunette Barbarella vs an escapee from Tom Hopper’s Cats!
Starring the guy who died in the last movie.

3 Likes

You make that sound like a bad thing?
Dammit some of us need our whimsy. But my hope is they do not bother to explain Chris Pine’s character at all. He just The Eternal Steve Trevor, peril monkey extraordinaire.

11 Likes

giphy

10 Likes

The new Batman trailer follows this method to the nanometre.

7 Likes

Right on, give him a soup-strainer mustache and call him Pev Trevor.

1 Like

I’m still hoping Chris Evans makes a cameo just to call him out.

[MYSTIC PORTAL OPENS]
Rogers: Hi, I’m the Captain Steve from the Marvel Universe. Stop ripping off all my stuff!
Trevor: Aw, you’re just jealous that you never got to make out with a living god that had magical lightning powers.
Rogers: The hell I didn’t!

18 Likes

Wait… that means…

:scream:

…awesome…

9 Likes

Just Googled it. Yep, the fan art is out there.

9 Likes

Well, Mjolnir proved it. He is worthy. :wink:

9 Likes

kpZ98X0

10 Likes

They will explain why he is there unfortunately and once again (just like in the first WW) we are going to get a sappy loved-based rationale for Wonder Woman’s motivations. Because…she can’t want to save the world because it’s her job, destiny, or she’s the consummate warrior…nope. It has to be because she believes in the power of love.

:angry:

4 Likes

This comment is worthy.

3 Likes

I can deal with that. Just as long as they don’t bother with, “Steve, didn’t you die 70 years ago?”

1 Like

I don’t know a thing about this movie other than what’s in the trailer, but there is a voice in it that says:

So maybe there’s some kind of nefarious god that somehow achieves his goals by granting people their greatest dreams and desires (or making them think they’ve been granted) and in the case of WW her dream was to get her boyfriend back. So when she gets wise to the evil plan she eventually needs to make the decision to save the world even knowing that it means sacrificing her boyfriend.

Hopefully the plot isn’t actually that predictable but they do tend to give away way too much In the trailers these days. Plus we already know that he doesn’t make an appearance in BM vs. SM so he probably doesn’t survive this movie.

Fits with the period setting.

(“The Invisible Plane! The Invisible Plane!”)

3 Likes

No. that is Maxwell Lord speaking. That is Pedro Pascal’s voice.

the plot is incredibly predictable. Once again the DC writers and producers just seem to not be able to stop themselves from tripping over their own idiocy. I thoroughly expect to enjoy this flick, but it will be “typical DCU”.

Yeah, its a quirky thing…not going to explain how he comes back but I will say this…Only Diana can see that it’s him. Everyone else sees some other random dude.

1 Like

Huh, I didn’t even recognize him with that “80’s Trump stand-in” makeover.

Now I’m going to imagine that’s what his haircut looked like the whole time he was wearing the Mandalorian helmet.

5 Likes