Handy Chiko Roll holder

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/08/09/chiko.html

2 Likes

Unopposable thumb? Someone needs to take an anatomy class.

7 Likes

What other cylindrical could go in there…?

7 Likes

That’s just dangerous. Not the food hand, but letting the passenger drive.

Australia has mammals that lay eggs. Proper thumbs are the least of their problems.

Going by the picture, it’s probably compatible with any cylindrical food of similar circumference.

15 Likes

I’ll stick with the Chico Roll.

10 Likes

Any of these

3 Likes

It’s small and Trump colored.

2 Likes

Heh, looks like a social gathering I attended recently. Except there were no egg-rolls to be found.

6 Likes

Wait, did I catch that correctly - there is fish in that rolled up crunchy thing?

Barbarians!

2 Likes

If you want to present yourself and stand for the opposition party - by all means, go ahead.

2 Likes

Are these things served hot? Because I already have a hand-shaped holder, and it works fine.

9 Likes

No Chico Roll wrappers yet on Ebay? Wake up Aussies! People on the other side of the pond want you to take our money!

3 Likes

Do they have a southpaw version for those of us that drive on the left side of the road?

3 Likes

The clue is in the name.
Chiko, as in chicken. So no fish. And they’re great with chicken salt on them.

No chicken in it either. It’s beef. And usually no chicken in chicken salt too.

Haven’t had a chiko roll in ages.Must order some.

2 Likes

and it’s "send in two and be entered to win."
No mention of the odds, or volume to be awarded.

Those things always squirt.

Ah, I see. “Mystery Meat”.

I’d assumed fish as in the advo Tracey mentions her new found ease at getting home from the fish n chip shop. Is this “delicacy” vendor not one of those then?

ETA: is that an aussie inside joke I’m missing from being cursed to live on the top half of the world?

2 Likes

Ahh, right. Yeah, sure you can get them at the chippy. But like a battered sav or potato scallop, it’s kind of an add-on. [quote=“jamesnsc, post:18, topic:83090”]
top half of the world?
[/quote]

It’s like a chippy-style spring roll, but with proper thick crunchy pastry-like stuff. If that’s any help. NFI what it would be in American-speak.

ETA: Chiko rolls are their own thing. There’s stuff that’s close, but nothing else hits that combo of tasty, crunchy, greasy, salty and vaguely nauseating.

5 Likes

‘Chicko roll’ reminded me of this candy:

6 Likes