Toronto cops eat drugs, freak out, and charged with Attempting to Obstruct Justice

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/23/drug-eating-toronto-cops-broug.html

4 Likes

We were on duty not far from 13 Division at Eglinton Avenue West and Allen Road when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like “I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should drive”. And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car…

Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Toronto

30 Likes

All they needed was JImmy Carter to Talk them down. And some Doobie Brothers

6 Likes

I think that only applies to Orange Sunshine.

4 Likes

My object all sublime
I shall achieve in time—
To let the punishment fit the crime,
The punishment fit the crime;
And make each prisoner pent
Unwillingly represent
A source of innocent merriment,
Of innocent merriment!

5 Likes

Freaking-Out

9 Likes

8 Likes

“…climbed a tree while in a state of extreme intoxication.” according another account; although it sounds more like he climbed a kite-string.

1 Like

File under, couldn’t they have waited?

Pot becomes legal in Canada at the end of June this year.

9 Likes

So at the end of June they can’t “confiscate” pot brownies. If they want free edibles, they gotta crack down NOW.

7 Likes

Attempting to Obstruct Justice and Breach of Trust…

Those are crimes in Canada? Here in the States they’re fake news.

6 Likes

Edibles are still banned for the time being, at least in Ontario, IIRC. Each province is setting up its own regulations, just as each province has its own liquor licencing system. Ontario is going the “government owned stores are the only place you can get this” model, basically the same as for booze only with even more restrictions. So things are going to be rather confusing for a while until the various governments figure out just how silly they are to be so paranoid about legal weed.

4 Likes

My favourite ‘tripping balls’ reference, from the best advice pages ever:

1 Like

Yeah, I’m kind of hopeful that, as people become more accustomed to legal pot, maybe they can all settle down a bit. And also maybe we can standardize some stuff across the country, because the current patchwork seems like it’s going to be pretty confusing. In Quebec you won’t even be allowed to grow your own :frowning:

4 Likes

14 Likes

3 Likes

This was a fairly amusing story to visualize until the part about the pursuing officer that cracked his head! :cry:

I’m guessing that were this to happen in the US that the officers would get a stern lecture (in private) and maybe 3 days suspended with pay.

1 Like

Yes, I hope the officer in question is all right.

Am I a bad person if I still want to see a body-cam video of this, set to Yakety Sax?

4 Likes

That’s what happens when ordinary citizens are endangered. When the person injured is part of the police force, its an entirely different situation.

1 Like