Touchscreen replaces handle in bathroom faucet — what could go wrong?

That’s no :poop: emoji on the screen.

3 Likes

An old low as well.

18 Likes

Oh no- don’t awaken the Solar Roadway zealots. Those people are insufferable.

6 Likes

I HATE Automatic water and towel dispensers. Yes, if it works, it makes things easier. But also - what if I want COLD water out of that tap? Need to take meds once, found a bathroom with automatic water taps. I couldn’t get the god damn things to work, and then when it did I got warm water only :confused:

5 Likes

Who is the video made for? If you really need to generate “content” to explain why such a stupid idea is actually brilliant, and even necessary, then you’re probably just opening yourself up to mockery (as is now going on) with this “choir congratulates the sermon” crap.

Pretty soon you just have a touchscreen with poop on it.

3 Likes

I remember those. Just crap in the sink and soon they are gone.

4 Likes

Relevant LockPickingLawyer video:

11 Likes

The physical poop is still there, it’s just that the metaphorical poop is more visible.

3 Likes

It’s more effective with better recall, ads can’t be blocked by software and will never appear alongside offensive content.

Doesn’t pass the smell test…

5 Likes

Isn’t that a stock Android internal space warning(and, if my spider sense is correct, not one from a very new Android version)?

I’m not expecting a ground-up custom embedded system or for it to be based on seL4 for l33t reliability; but do they really have so little shame as to ship something that is visibly throwing errors in normal use despite being a closed box without a bunch of kids downloading candy crush(unless they forgot to lock that down as well)? I know that the advertising assholes don’t; but they must have involved a few engineers to actually make it work; and I would hope that those, at least, would.

Crystal ball: High-tech public washroom vandalism will increase.

2 Likes

I thought the folks who came up with this were the ones who spent WAY too much time hanging out in the bathroom at school. The rest of us were trying to get in, wash our hands, and get out as soon as possible - not live in there. Next, they’ll be installing furniture… :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Touchscreens in toilet = bad.
We used to have the automatic sensors on our library restrooms. They started malfunctioning within the first 2 years, and were replaced with bog-standard valves and handles shortly after. From what I hear, they aren’t hot shit anywhere.

2 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-12-03/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-women-s-restroom-lounge

3 Likes

Welcome, water user.

Please wait while FaucetOS loads.

Did you know with FaucetUnlimited, you can use unlimited quantities of water?

Please wait while FaucetOS loads.

A new version of FaucetOS is available. Automatic download initiated.

Please wait while FaucetOS downloads.

Do not power off Faucet while new version of FaucetOS is installed.

Please wait while FaucetOS is installed.

Please wait while FaucetOS is installed.

Please Log In to FaucetOS.

10 Likes

NO, NO, NO! The smartass, penny-pinching appliances in Ubik were intended as dystopia and satyre, not as a blueprint! Dangit… what’s next, metered farts?

Ubik(1stEd)

3 Likes

Fill in blockchain on your Bingo card.

5 Likes

FTA:

what men thought women needed when they ventured out in public (hint: it’s a couch).

In other words, gender separation and protecting women’s virtue was initially the justification for these spaces

I figured women were not involved in the design here. Would it be that difficult to install a door leading outside? Sometimes, that’s all the separation and virtue-protection needed… :woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

What a coincidence; mine are connected to a network that’s like a series of tubes, not like a big truck.

3 Likes