Tour the British landscape with a road trip from Shitterton to Twatt

I think some of those place names are mentioned here:

Notes_From_A_Small_Island

for example amongst the Bottoms there’s Ramsbottom so you can say you are living up a sheep’s arse! Or so he says.

1 Like

Huh, I thought Shitterton was very close to Twatt. It’s been a long time since I traveled, I suppose.

2 Likes
4 Likes

There are endless possibilities: Cockermouth, Cockerton, Cockernhoe, Cockerton anyone? A real favorite of the jaded tourist must be Slutshole Lane in Attleborough.

2 Likes

How is it rude? I looked it up online and found nothing on the phrase beyond references to military operations

4 Likes

It means “arse”.

7 Likes

Needs a side trip to Wales for a stop in Three Cocks as well.

3 Likes

Roll Call__Come on, grow up, please!

4 Likes

Very easy to take a detour to Wetwang

5 Likes

Does it pass through Pratts Bottom in Kent?

3 Likes

I recently discovered the address of Butts End, Butts Close in Crawley, causing much childish giggling :wink:

1 Like

I remember back when one of the first naïve obscenity filters was blocking English football teams. It blocked Arsenal, of course, and Scunthorpe, and Manchester-fucking-United.

3 Likes

In the 90’s there was an environmental protest camp at a place called Dead Woman’s bottom. It’s eviction lead to this head line: “Police Enter Dead Woman’s Bottom”.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.