Tourist booed, pelted with pebbles and doused with water for climbing Mayan pyramid

I climbed the Bunker Hill monument and the Washington monument. I’m into obelisks not pyramids.

3 Likes

In my 20s, after super arduous access from Ciudad de México, (shared a local bus, with chickens) GF & I very respectfully climbed Teotihuacan, Temple of the Sun… Difficult ascent. Joined a very small international group at top; we were soon surrounded by a cloud of butterflies… our POV was anthropological, but this turned into a very spiritual experience… spooky.

2 Likes

I’ll take that bet. Turns out she’s Mexican.

But, hey, I get it. It’s fun to make assumptions about people’s group affiliation without corroboration.

1 Like

Sure looked like one.
(ETA I stand corrected)

Sharpening razor blades - or is that only the Egyptian models?

2 Likes

kukulkan temple in chichen itza in the yucatan has turned into a gaudy tourist attraction. I would avoid it at all costs. People find it offensive when a woman climbs it but it’s ok to have all the kitsch vendors selling crap to all the tacky tourists coming there by the bus loads. So sad.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.