Town council removes Looney Tunes Jesus artwork from prestigious prize exhibition

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/10/town-council-removes-looney-tunes-jesus-artwork-from-prestigious-prize-exhibition.html

7 Likes

Contributed by Allan Rose Hill

9 Likes

Goofy is not a Looney Tune. Put it back up.

20 Likes

Jesus Barbra Streisand Speaks to the Daughters of Jerusalem.”

18 Likes

I initially thought this might be a sneaky way to provide cover for a decision motivated by Christianity, but the mayor is Muslim. Still, this is a decision motivated by religious belief, not law. I don’t know if Australia has separation of church and state, so I have no idea how defensible this is.

7 Likes

nice touch with the “holy ghost”. (“spooky, the tuff little ghost” lest i’m mistaken)

(“Oh shiny A.I. on the wall, make for me The Passion Play ala Tex Avery”)

4 Likes

Feels like a fun response to this would be a contest for art depicting the mayor.

5 Likes

“The Christian Messiah and the Muslim Messiah Jesus has no connection to the cartoon character Goofy,” Liverpool mayor Ned Mannoun said in a statement.

“Who are three people who have never been in my kitchen, Alex?”

9 Likes

I thought it was Pluto. The son of dog.

6 Likes

Philjames said he was “absolutely happy to put safety” but

But where was he happy to put it?

ARH needs to pay a bit more attention to his drafts before publishing them.

Nonsense, god (therefore jesus) is everywhere, therefore even in Pluto/Goofy.

2 Likes

Tis a bit of a silly thing to get too up in arms about.

1 Like

Is that actually supposed to be Goofy? If so the facial structure, teeth and nose color are all wrong.

Seems like no one has respect for character model sheets anymore.

1 Like

What’s next? Will the Loony Tunes characters be excluded from exhibitions at Natural History museums as well?

4 Likes

Glad to see we’ve come so far since Piss Christ! /s (Did I do that right?! )

This all makes me miss Sister Wendy.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.