Town to install public toilets with anti-sex systems

How about a system that detects sex in a toilet booth and broadcasts it to all Tindr and Grindr users in the area? Spread the love? It would need an opt out, of course.

5 Likes

The British do like their public sex, so much so that they coined the terms ‘cottaging’ and ‘dogging’.

3 Likes

My own experience with weight - or rather pressure - sensors is limited to in mouth measurements of biting forces and to determine the correct amount of force and the coordinates where the pressure was applied, down to ± 0.1mm. But I implemented the calibration process and the algorithm myself. Passed medical certification.

I don’t see why using a set of pressure sensors shouldn’t be able to identify, at the very least, when there are more than two feet. Can you explain your reasoning?

“le bumsex”

snl-stefon-laughs

11 Likes

Oh porthcawl, never change… :roll_eyes:

Would make sense the way things are going.

I could easily make some nightmare fuel for them. I am a straight guy, and sometimes happens if I am in a hurry and the men restroom isn’t available to use the women one. I am a man dressed as a man in a women’s bathroom.
Heck, in a camping some years ago I took a sower in the women part due the clogged drains in the men one.

This public restroom doesn’t have any sensor or whatever but I think nobody will make sex in it.

If you are really concerned about it, do like what is done in some trains stations: make te toilet a paid toiled and put a janitor to collect the money and to check if all is ok. This was made to keep junkies out, and is working. Besides I am more concerned to find someone that has just got an heroine shot than someone that is having sex.

1 Like

Well, a system that wouldn’t work would be cheap.

We’re not talking about a device whose whole purpose is to be a sensor (and is treated appropriately). We’re talking about sensor(s) buried within a functioning, public toilet. Something that has to have a floor durable - and cleanable - enough for constant public use. (I.e. it’s getting constantly walked on, getting wet, having harsh cleaners put on it.) So where are the sensors - under a tile floor? Can sensors be sensitive enough to be buried under a couple inches of (rigid) cement board, grout & tile and still detect the difference between two sets of feet a couple inches apart? (And isn’t also triggered by someone leaning on a walker, or setting down a heavy bag, for instance?) Are the sensors durable enough to be left buried under the floor for a decade or two without requiring any sort of maintenance?

Building a public toilet that will survive and require minimal maintenance is an underestimated difficulty - adding electronics and a bunch of sensitive sensors as well? Yer havin’ a laugh.

5 Likes

Wait… when does this happen? In my experience, the women’s bathrooms are almost always more crowded then the men’s bathrooms… Maybe at sportsball events? :thinking:

6 Likes

Oh I missed that. That’s great. I laughed. I’m still laughing.

Back in my nightclubbing days, all genders tended to use the men’s toilets for peeing. The women’s toilets were reserved for taking drugs and fixing makeup.

7 Likes

So, for powdering one’s nose

7 Likes

7 Likes

In at least 2 of the clubs I went to, the exact opposite was true. The men’s bathrooms were total messes, so almost everyone used the women’s bathroom!

2 Likes

There were rather a lot of IV users at the clubs I went to, and needles usually demand privacy. The women’s had more lockable stalls (and, as a bonus, were somewhat more hygienic).

6 Likes

If there were a lot of IV drug users in my scene, I was probably oblivious to it!

3 Likes

Alright, Humpty.

Much amusement to the family: Griffin Park is apparently where my great uncle and other society folk went to play bowls.

“Play bowls”, perhaps.

1 Like

I can’t imagine this even working slightly without a ridiculous amount of sensor surveillance. It will be fun when it’s leaked/hacked/sold.

1 Like

Dangerous to editorialize too much…

1 Like