Toxic Marjorie Taylor Greene says she and Matt Gaetz are "taking charge" of the Republican party

I think I actually get the visual analogy:

Letting Green/Gaetz “take charge” of anything is like letting a pet drive your car; guaranteed disaster.

15 Likes

Sure, why not. Just as long as Donnie says he’s okay with it.

Checks out. Nobody in that family was competent enough to take the wheel.

4 Likes

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-e&q="I'm+with+indicted"+T-shirt

Few results! Good to know. Better than “There’s no place like $localhost,” even if it’s just the minimal suggestive noise on a poll.

7 Likes

You’re presuming that the Overton window will ever move left again. It hasn’t since the New Deal.

6 Likes

Man, I really try not to judge based on looks…

He makes it really difficult not to…

(all of my skeevy bells go off)

5 Likes

Seems like a good thing at first glance. They’re going to split up the GOP, aren’t they? The downside could be that they radicalize their portion of the political fringe even further and bring about more insurrection unpleasantness.

1 Like

You have to think like a Qnut. in Q-land, all Republicans are the closest humanity can get to perfection. And everyone else is jealous of that perfection. We don’t hate Gaetz because of the fucked up shit he’s done. That’s all fiction. So the more bad stuff we learn (aka make up wholesale) about Gaetz, the better he must be.

He’ll be sanctified among that crowd if he goes to jail.

5 Likes

They are the monkey, Trump is the organ grinder, organ is GQP, racism is the music ?
Apologies to Pink.

4 Likes

All it would have taken was 3-4 MJTs sprinkled in high places in the swing states to reverse the electoral loss (because they “won”), that is then upheld 6-3 by a quisling SCOTUS, and we have a legal coup.

5 Likes

I would put it a little later than that, like mid to late 60’s with the civil rights movement and the far more centrist Supreme Court we had. But once the GOP went full southern strategy and absorbed the racists, then the Christian extremists, the window slammed shut on progress. It’s been all downhill ever since.

4 Likes

yeah they know what the people want, especially the young ladies, amirite matty? :wink:

Second amendment solutions for being kicked off of social media.

9 Likes

That’s nothing to do with your second amendment. It’s murder. The constitution does not mandate murder for any reason, most particularly if someone exercises the first amendment.

11 Likes

I don’t see Gaetz volunteering to be in the front lines of a violent putzch, so it’s another stochastic terrorism request.

15 Likes

No, “ugly” people can be beautiful if they genuinely smile. Gaetz, Half Scoop, and I’m Eric don’t smile; it’s a rictus, an ungenuine baring of teeth with the corners of the mouth turned down unless one of them manages a smirk. Their “smiles” don’t reach their eyes. The observant person is right to recoil.

4 Likes

The claim of a smaller proportion isn’t wrong, but Romney got 61 million votes and trump got 63 million (2016) and 74 million (2020), which puts a different spin on it. Trump activated a lot more voters than Romney, especially in 2020.

Is Joel Greenberg’s testimony not enough for them to arrest Gaetz yet? Why isn’t the dude in jail?

2 Likes

Doenitz did have the best defense at Nuremberg ever:

The Americans were doing in the Pacific what he was attempting to do in the Atlantic.

He still got ten years in prison. Because even when unrestricted submarine warfare was excusable, Nazis gotta Nazi. He still found a way to for war crimes to be committed on the open ocean.

3 Likes

The Overton window is the key concept. RW media has relentlessly pushed it to the right for decades. Another key concept is “amygdala response”.

1 Like