Toxic Marjorie Taylor Greene says she and Matt Gaetz are "taking charge" of the Republican party

If they try any brainstorming, they’ll injure themselves.

8 Likes

They did have some help in 2016.

9 Likes

No, they just call themselves “independents”. But they will still carry on voting Republican because they think that one day they will be rich enough to benefit from those tasty tax cuts. And they like the fact that the judicial branch is now the legislative branch as far as everything other than tax cuts goes, so they can pretend that the lunatics aren’t anything to do with them. It’s a pretty good scam, really.

15 Likes

Drumpf turned my dyed-in-the-wool Republican father-in-law into a letter writing, Rubio-hassling, Florida voting Democrat, so it will be interesting to see how such toxic figures as MTG and pedophile Gaetz continue to drive people away from the GQP. Or are there just lunatics left in the Republican party gladly lining up for the Flavor-Aid?

15 Likes

Pretty sure everyone loses in this scenario…

Also, Gaetz is who she wants to anchor her boat to? She could have picked almost anyone else (even amongst the Qpublicans) and looked better.

9 Likes

I think your F-I-L may be an outlier. As someone above already commented, most non-loopy, marginally reality connected Republicans will continue to vote GOP for their own selfish reasons apart from the GQP base which solidified after the astroturf Tea Party Era.

10 Likes

I’m wondering if that suggests that in public republicans don’t trash-talk her, but they also won’t answer her calls.

2 Likes

BuT wHaT aBOut tHE ChILdreN?!

3 Likes

They’d none of them be missed – They’d none of them be missed!

6 Likes

Said with a wink, and a licking of lips… (Gaetz)

3 Likes

2 Likes

Greene and Gaetz are taking charge of the Republican party, much like the way I “take charge” of the bathroom after I eat a bad burrito.

16 Likes

Of course that explains why they are so big on voter suppression. The GOP won in 2016 because people didn’t vote. So getting people to not vote is obviously their remaining path to national office.

11 Likes

Amazing how in a few short years, “Better Dead Than Red” has taken on a whole 'nother level of meaniing.

11 Likes

Yeah they won with voter suppression. That, and help from Russia (and the FBI)
The last republican presidential candidate that didn’t beat his decocratic opponent amongst white voters was Barry Goldwater in 1964. Their main strategy is the same as its been since well before I was born – appeal to white men and try not to let any one else get a vote.

And yeah they stole that strategy from southern democrats from before that, but at this point we should just change the names in the history books. Like how the Chicago Cubs team records include when they were called the Chicago White Stockings in the late 19th century, lets just go ahead and give the modern republicans the southern dems history as their own

12 Likes

bout time somebody did. tell me how that turns out. on second thought, don’t.

I dread seeing more of these two moronic clowns as much as anybody, but . . . think of it like chemo. We may need to almost kill the host to kill the malignancy. If it succeeds, the ends justify the means.
If it fails . . . my next brilliant metaphor is . . . euthanasia?

3 Likes

“Two drowning people can’t save each other, all they can do is drown together.”

3 Likes

Toonces is Ivanka Trump’s cat.

Personally I would prefer the Wimbledon FC approach, that just because Milton Keynes bought the club (with players) and moved them from London it doesn’t mean that they get to keep all the trophies and titles. Just say that the Republican Party is dead and the party that now goes by that name does not have any connection with Abraham Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt.

13 Likes