Toxic Republican Marjorie Taylor Greene apparently harasses Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg

Originally published at: Toxic Republican Marjorie Taylor Green apparently harasses Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg | Boing Boing

9 Likes

It speaks volumes about the GOP that this waste of oxygen hasn’t been kicked out of the party yet.

43 Likes

Has a single GOPer even spoken out against her?

27 Likes

Never forget: republicans love cruelty.

If one tells you they don’t, be sure to remind them that their tolerance for cruelty is no better than the cruelty itself.

21 Likes

but…but…but…mah FREEDUMBS!!!.. You can’t fix stupid.

8 Likes

It’s kind of funny how the GOP rid itself of Steve King, and then all of a sudden Majorie Green shows up. …It’s kind of sad too.

11 Likes

Toxic KKKRepublican

Yeah, the new new new normal.

22 Likes

She wasn’t with the mob because she was already inside.

20 Likes

I’m getting my congressional qanoners mixed up - is she the one who also signaled approval of the idea of murdering congressional democrats?
Edit: Yes, she was.
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene endorsed execution of Democrats in old Facebook posts, CNN finds - The Washington Post

Lady should be in prison, not government.

28 Likes

“How did you get major press coverage of the issue?”

This is basically saying, “I don’t understand why anyone is all upset over children being murdered!”

The fact that she also tells him she carries a gun could be construed as a threat. If you conceal carry, you’re not supposed to tell people about it, and probably not while you’re following and harassing them.

17 Likes

Curious use of the word “apparently”…more like DEFINITELY harasses.

5 Likes

The original tweet was in the form of a question.

3 Likes

All Class.

2 Likes

This is exactly the behavior that would (should) disqualify an individual for having a concealed carry permit. The permit issuing authority should be notified immediately.

(If the permit itself is not revoked, this would become a newsworthy article in itself listing all of the players.)

10 Likes

One congressperson calling another a liar is grounds for automatic censure. That’s how republicans get away with telling blatant lies constantly in session.

I don’t see how advocating murder of her colleagues should get a pass.

ETA sorry Carl, meant to reply to @Shuck

9 Likes

Yet it’s the natural progression of the double standard Republicans and Democrats have been held to - Democrats are expected to be norm-abiding and polite in the face of ever-increasing hateful rhetoric and norm-breaking by Republicans. (I was going to say “logical endpoint” rather than “natural progression” there, but realized this can - and probably will - get much worse. E.g. openly advocating for the deaths of Democratic colleagues. Although since she’s also implicated in a plot to murder them, maybe this is the endpoint…)

9 Likes

They must have a quota system for vocal bigots.

8 Likes

If only.

3 Likes

Toxic Republican Majorie Taylor Green

My freshman rhetoric professor would not approve of this portion of the headline. She was pure hell of superfluous words. In this case, the word Toxic does not need to be added to Republican as this point is obvious.

1 Like

Remember way way back when, when there was this thing called “shame,” that normal human beings used to have? Whatever happened to that?

2 Likes