Toxic Trump spokesperson says Biden "can hardly speak," then hilariously flubs her own words (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/10/toxic-trump-spokesperson-says-biden-can-hardly-speak-then-hilariously-flubs-her-own-words-video.html

4 Likes

No, friend, you don’t have to pronounce the “n.” It’s what’s called a “silent letter” because English is cursed. Or, you might say, damn-ned.

18 Likes

The hiring process for all public facing people at Trump seems to be something like:

'Are you a conventionally attractive white blonde lady?"

‘Yes’

‘When can you start?’

13 Likes

Her boss is aliterate at best, so I’d imagine it wouldn’t bother him to hire a press flack with similar literacy issues.

6 Likes

You run into the IQ test problem - how does a person of high or average intelligence create a way to identify a genius?

Similarly, how does a subliterate moron identify if someone else can read or speak words properly?

I am fairly sure the hiring was more like ‘the boss will like her’.

10 Likes

Googling her, I find pictures of a conventionally attractive young blonde woman. So yeah.

7 Likes

I also don’t like how she says “henchman”. Hmph.

6 Likes

I’d like to add a video here. The Allebee sketch from Not the Nine O’Clock News.

7 Likes

Hi and welcome.
Good sketch.

(You seem to have put the YT URL in quotes, not as a link. In fact you can just paste it in to the reply text and it will resolve.)

4 Likes

Even more off-putting to me was her delivery. It’s odd that she’s beaming with glee the entire time.

7 Likes

Thanks. :smiley:

As I’m new, “No Links For You!”

Actually, I’ve been lurking about 20 years. I’ve almost posted a few times, and I had wondered what topic would flush me out of the shrubberies.

Looks like I need to add an avatar picture. And I feel like making toast?

14 Likes

I have always wondered what causes folks who have read for ages but dont comment to decide to speak up.

10 Likes

Te128…
Cheers for accuracy! We do love nerds here. If you’ve lurked that long, welcome to the light.

7 Likes

one of us

3 Likes

Ever since the Martin tv show episode where the Reverend Leon Lonnie Love (in an explosion of necessarily extreme self-control over his barely bridled lust for the beautiful Gina) screamed “Dam-ned mine eye!!”, I cannot think of “damned” being pronounced in any other way.

3 Likes

America, I fear for you. I really, really fear for you.

2 Likes

This whole “Biden can hardly speak” thing is insane.

Because you can find his speeches and interviews on the net with ease, and see and hear for yourself that Biden’s coherent, intelligent and articulate. Sure he stumbles over words sometimes, and makes an occasional mistake, but it’s perfectly clear to anyone that actually pays attention that there’s nothing wrong with him. And then you can do the same with TFG, and see just how goddamn incoherent he is becoming.

The only people who buy this bullshit are the ones who get all their “news” via Fox News talking points and brief clips of the Abominable Orange that are carefully selected to make him seem like his brain isn’t rotting inside his hollow head.

4 Likes

For the lazy (like me):

5 Likes

She also called him “Merricka” Garland. Freudian slip?

4 Likes

:wink:

5 Likes