Toy fetuses snuck into candy bags at state fair

I don’t care what side of what issue the people that put the toys in there are on. It doesn’t matter if it’s a fetus doll or a party mascot puppet or an animal rights balloon or a don’t do drugs sticker or a Jesus pencil. It’s not appropriate for a kid’s candy bag at the fair. It’s inappropriate to bring any kind of politics or religion or controversy or agenda into treat bags for children. It’s supposed to be innocent fun for the sake of fun.

5 Likes

Though, at least from time to time, the ‘Abortion is Sanger’s racist anti-black eugenics genocide!!!’ talking points will make the rounds. It isn’t clear that the originators of that one are particularly sincere; but (at a population level) US blacks are a fairly conservative religious lot, so the God Squad does have a message tuned for them, even if they might also harbor the suspicion that abortionists are part of the jew conspiracy against the white race.

I felt the same way getting Jack Chick pamphlets in my candy bag as a kid while trick-or-treating.

At least in that case, we knew exactly whose house was going to be covered in eggs, TP, and various other unpleasantries in the morning (“Actions have consequences”, as these protestors like to scold outside the clinics).

2 Likes

It needs ‘the poor one’ spraybombed on it, stat.

1 Like

Do you? Why? I mean, ‘Assholes’ is good, and also starts with an ‘A’, but I’m not sure that’s gonna gain any traction amongst nicer folks. But seriously, why?

Christ, I’d be in jail inside a week if those demented fucks were outside my house all the bloody time. Kudos on your calmness in the face of assholery.

Win.

(O/T @codinghorror Dude, can you make it so that when we comment, it doesn’t bounce to the bottom of the goddamn page? It’s properly annoying)

1 Like

Really? I say [citation needed]

And, as if the crappy execution of their “product” doesn’t telegraph everything you need to know about these clowns.

I had to do something. It’s important to me to find peaceful solutions, but my snark does well in a written format. Plus, the protestors didn’t really realize until I pointed it out that the same reason they can harass clinic goers from the public sidewalk was the same reason I was legally allowed to photograph them.

It took about four months of my going out there whenever I saw them, and the clinic volunteers say they just don’t show up as much, if at all.

I couldn’t just sit and watch sanctimonious shaming of women occur in front of me. I wish more people tried this solution to see if it works in total, or just in my area.

6 Likes

And they were arrested of course, right? As terrorists? Why is this OK? Why can a group anonymously terrorize children and others in the name of a cause? Oh, it wasn’t very terrifying? Well, it was meant to be terrifying. They weren’t conspiring to secretly add dog toys, were they.

Why? It is not inaccurate.

Unless you had equal numbers of white and dark chocolate, it would be racist.

If God gave us free will, why are Godly anti-choice advocates trying to take away our God-given right to choice?

(If only logic were all it takes to silence these bastards.)

1 Like

They look like ET to me. (Either that or Sugar Babies. I remember eating them when I was a kid, and I’m pro-choice.)

I think it is actually a sort of fetish on their part. It arouses them. Convincing others would be counterproductive, because then the fight would be over. It’s all about the fight, about the shock value, and goals merely give the fight direction.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.