Tractor Supply Company ends DEI efforts and Pride month participation to please conservative critics

That is helpful info, thanks!

5 Likes

I think it varies, with some seeing the change, but are in public denial and hoping someone else fixes it, others see it and are convinced it’s cyclical and next year the world will be less on fire. And some think it’s chemtrails and Jewish space lasers that are behind it all and only Cheeto Jesus and his Space Force can save us.

5 Likes

Yup:

This week’s move arrives after the company faced ample pushback online from conservative activists and far-right accounts across social media, including from the prominent right-wing account known as Libs of TikTok.

Same assholes, different day.

10 Likes

Libs of TikTok fans? Death threats are their way of saying “Hi!”. I wonder if any of them have ever been customers.

10 Likes

Yep, came here to mention Petsense too. Between dog food from there and filling my birdfeeders at the local TS, they’ll be losing a fair bit of business from me.

9 Likes

This seems like a knee-jerk response to an organized campaign of small but loud malcontents. I feel like there’s a pretty good chance of this backfiring, at least if the pushback against this decision I’ve seen from rural folks on the Fediverse is any indication.

9 Likes

Sad. That -used- to be a fun place to go. Oh well.

1 Like

How to piss-off actual customers to please some Internet flash mob.

https://apnews.com/article/tractor-supply-dei-black-farmers-bdd23385a21242cfcfcd4c3e0118c853

Black farmers’ association calls for Tractor Supply CEO’s resignation after company cuts DEI efforts

12 Likes

Who could have seen that coming?

“POC don’t farm, do they? They do? Oh…. Nuts…”

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.