Tragedeigh could have just used a gender-specific bathroom

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/05/tragedeigh-could-have-just-used-a-gender-specific-bathroom.html

7 Likes

derry-girls-sister-michael-christ

What a dipshit.

14 Likes

I have two all gender bathrooms in my home. What’s the big deal?

30 Likes

So your bathroom is woke is it!!! /s

20 Likes

Depending on how frequently I clean them.

18 Likes

Everyone knows woke is sparkling clean!!!

15 Likes

A bit of Barry White on a Friday afternoon, wonderful.
Thanks.

4 Likes

Can’t spell “Morgonn” without “moron”.

12 Likes

I’m not going in here!

But…you literally just did. And somehow, you came out unscathed. And the world did not end.

There’s a burger joint in Kansas City, BRGR, that has had a unisex bathroom setup like that for years. And I mean since way before the recent panic about trans people and bathrooms. The toilets are all in stalls with full doors that lock. The sink area is common and unisex. It’s not complicated and it’s not a big deal.

33 Likes

Seth Meyers Idk GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

15 Likes

Her waste system is a Morgonn accumulator.

Nah, that’s my 70’ Guzzi, a real silver machine!

9 Likes

There was a department store in Paris* that was set up this way, & that was-- what’s today, Friday? Ah yes: in 2007 oops! 2004. It looked as though it had already been set up that way for several decades.

*(OTOH I can imagine the Turning Points crying out, “France!?”)

ETA:
“All-gender bathrooms will lead to offensive weirdos hanging out in them with their cameras!”
(Cue the Morgonn video)
“That’s not what we meant!”

14 Likes

Morgonnnnn is scared of blowing the bathroom up with dudes in there.

What are they going to think when they realize that she poops?

10 Likes

I was looking up when Illinois changed their law requiring all single user bathrooms to be gender neutral. I just remember it was a switch because Chicago plumbing code required you to have separate individual gendered bathrooms in all establishments serving alcohol.

However I still remember growing up in Chicago that Sushisamba somehow got around this and had a similar setup wtih all the individual compartments being frosted glass and a super cool sink in the middle.

8 Likes

I could understand if the all ungendered bathroom was like the oldest one of Turin (the concrete was poured in 1930)

There are of course more recent ones, with amenities like a lockable door

or even those fancy autocleaning ones (but you have yo insert a coin to use)

that aren’t so scary to use.

5 Likes

Original gender neutral restroom?

15 Likes

Reminds me of a screenshot I’ve seen on r/facepalm. Someone is standing in front of an airport sign indicating gender-neutral bathrooms and commenting “I’d gather go in the parking lot than use one of these.” Someone else commented under them “Wait until they find out about the bathrooms on the plane.”

29 Likes

What would Jonathan Swift say!

The Lady’s Dressing Room

I love when I get to use my English degree.

12 Likes

My bathroom is TINY, so it can only handle one gender at at time, but it switches around as needed.

I was at a restaurant in down town KC like… 8 years ago? A lot of those older buildings are cramped for space, and they had a gender neutral bathroom. It had an area with like 4 sinks and a big mirror and 4 or 5 stalls. Well they were more like tiny rooms with lockable doors (you can’t peek under or over them). What’s the big deal?

8 Likes

Considering how imbalanced the ratio of women’s bathrooms to men’s are, shouldn’t this be seen as a good thing? I hate seeing women standing in long lines outside of their bathroom entrances, while I just breeze right in and take care of business in the men’s. Wouldn’t having additional options be a good thing? In some restaurant in NYC I forget the name of, they had a bank of, like 15 individual bathrooms, all unisex (it was a fancy place). Absolutely no one was waiting because there was always one open. Seems ideal, but I guess I’m not filled with enough bitterness and resentment to see the problem. Also; this is an airport, which means she almost certainly just got off of an airplane with nothing but unisex restrooms.

“I hate this!” Good. Fuck off so normal people can pee in peace, bigot.

14 Likes