Trailer for new Harriet Tubman biopic

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/24/trailer-for-new-harriet-tubman.html

5 Likes

Now that I’ll spring for the Big Screen, looks good.

11 Likes

So far the best Harriet Tubman on screen so far was Aisha Hinds on the short lived show Underground. In the show she was a axe wielding, gun toting BAMF for the abolitionists who still was able to wow the crowds with her oration

12 Likes

If this film doesn’t include the Combahee River Raid, then it’s gonna need a sequel

1 Like

This may be one of those rare biopics where Hollywood has difficulty making the on-screen character as badass as her real-life counterpart.

[Terminator Voice]: “Come with me if you want to live free.”

5 Likes

Octavia Spencer was so good as Harriet Tubman on Drunk History that I was hoping she’d play it on the big screen.

8 Likes

Drunk History is my favorite educational program. If I ever got that teaching license I would have been showing it to HS students…before getting fired for showing it to HS students.

5 Likes

I bet you $20 Trump will make a racist tweet about it.

2 Likes

“Why doesn’t Hollywood make a movie about all the WHITE MEN who escaped slavery and fought to free their kin from bondage??” —MAGA manbabies who also forgot that Spartacus exists

9 Likes

She was one badass true American hero. I don’t know enough, I need to learn more about her.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.