Why oh why do we have to have a Trump biopic?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/14/why-oh-why-do-we-have-to-have-a-trump-biopic.html

6 Likes

The world doesn’t, but some Hollywood studio executive needs to get back the money they paid for the rights, before it is too late.

15 Likes

Maybe someone asked for a biopsy but was misheard?

22 Likes

some of us would even opt for a autopsy

(besides, wasn’t he already biopicked in Back to the Future part II?)

12 Likes

Just because it’s a biopic doesn’t mean its subject is any kind of hero. We’ve had biopics of Hitler. Hopefully this film won’t be trying to portray Trump in any kind of positive light.

13 Likes

FFS, if you have to make a biopic about the guy at least have the decency to wait a bit so we can have a death scene for closure.

Maybe he mumbles “Covfefe” as a tacky Mar-a-lago souvenir drops from his hand and shatters on the floor.

23 Likes

I don’t really mind the idea of a Trump biopic, but I think having Mary Harron direct and Bret Easton Ellis write would be the move here.

8 Likes

They’d better include the E Jean Carroll scene. Who’ll play Jeffrey Epstein?

7 Likes

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

11 Likes

Came here to post a similar gif…but of course you’re on the job!

9 Likes

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

10 Likes

Desus And Mero Pass GIF by Bernie Sanders

9 Likes

Thank you for your service.

Newt Salute

4 Likes

I suppose the actor didn’t like Belle quite so much…

Hope it’s mostly about filming of Ghosts Can’t Do It

Dogg Zzone 9000 - Episode 163, Ghosts Can’t Do It With Merritt K

Brockway murders Seanbaby and guest, Merritt K, so he can trap them on the ghost plain and use their supple young bodies to discuss Ghosts Can’t Do it, John Derek’s 1989 supernatural cuckold fetish documentary starring his wife, Bo Derek!

1 Like

I had to quit watching after about 3 seconds.
Parks And Recreation Nbc GIF by HULU

2 Likes

When we have quantum computers, or the next iteration of computation that makes quantum computers obsolete, we should plug in questions like: did Chaplin’s The Dictator make Hitler’s rise to power and WW II more or less likely? Did Donald Duck’s mockery of Hitler have any effect?

I think Trump’s emulation of Cohn is one of the keys to understanding both Trump’s (lack of) character, and his ability to prevail in spite of his blatant dishonesty and continual immoral choices. If it can do that without inventing redeemable qualities in the character, it might be a good thing.

While I would like for most people to have known this by reading accurate biographies of the two, or decent journalism, that’s not likely to happen.

At the very least, people should know that Trump cowardly abandoned his mentor when he was dying of AIDS, and that everyone he uses will be similarly abandoned as soon as it’s convenient.

1 Like

WW2 had been going on for a year when The Great Dictator came out. The question you want to ask is “did it make the USA more or less likely to join the allies?”

10 Likes

Well, that’s today’s internet won, I think.

2 Likes

Or if it had come out eight years earlier.