Why oh why do we have to have a Trump biopic?

No, we don’t have to have it.

None of us has to watch it.

6 Likes

Where is our PUKE EMOJI when it’s really, really needed??

7 Likes

9 Likes

rabbit-3-smiley-122 yakk

v ill-80x80

6 Likes

For a biopic to be good or interesting, even if the subject matter is an awful person, there needs to be an interesting and hidden story to tell. (And a biopic for an awful person can be done, but it takes a skilled storyteller to make the villain sympathetic while not losing sight of their awfulness.)

Trump has lived his life in the public eye for as long as I’ve been alive — going so far as to deliberately plant stories about himself in the media to make sure he gets attention. Everybody knows his origin story, the personal conflicts and demons of his youth that made him into the terrible person he would grow up to be, the life of wealth and privilege he has lived and squandered, the lives he has ruined and continue to ruin. There’s no deep internal conflicts to analyze because he has no real beliefs or ideals beyond a cynical desire for power.

What’s the point of a biopic for such a vapid and wholly uninteresting person?

11 Likes

Because a lot of people, (I believe) for the worse, are fascinated by monsters. See: the wild popularity of True Crime media.

2 Likes

Haven’t they already portrayed him in a positive light by selecting Sebastian Fucking Stan to portray him instead of some sphincter-mouthed cretin?

4 Likes

The better death scene would be to have him at one of his rallies making fun of some disabled person when he would stroke out and collapse. His shitty fans would think it was part of his act and cheer and hoot as the life foamed out of him.

4 Likes

I prefer to imagine him dying alone and unloved.

4 Likes

I’ll wait for a posthumous one.

4 Likes

Meh… not even then, honestly.

6 Likes

I just like the idea of posthumous anything with that guy.

4 Likes

Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

Still wouldn’t watch a movie about him, even if after his death.

4 Likes

It’s going to make a great tax write-off for someone, and to hell with them, too.

2 Likes

SAME!
Rainbow-UnicornTS

Random Bizarre Bonus:

disney princesses reimagined as cement mixers!

2 Likes

No. That’s not how acting works. Some amazing actors have portrayed some horrific villains, both real and imagined. Look, I’m not going to watch the movie. I have no interest in watching biopics of awful people, whether it’s Hitler, Trump, or…I dunno, Pontius Pilate. But they’re valid movies to make, as long as they’re not glorifying the horror.

3 Likes

It’s not like he’d agree.

6a0105369e6edf970b01b8d245f4e6970c-800wi

2 Likes

Why? I have enough PTSD in the last 8 years with this guy. Also, did Biden already make one?

1 Like

Hmm. I’ve never watched Downfall but I have seen the clip where Hitler rages at his generals for losing the war, variously subtitled. So I definitely don’t need a Trump biopic but maybe we do want a clip of him throwing ketchup at walls for meme purposes.

5 Likes

Acting isn’t supposed to be free campaign aid either, but here we are.

PS: history outside of Christian literature remembers Pilate as a decent leader who made improvements to the aqueduct system.