Train passengers capture video of Bigfoot strolling in Colorado wilderness

Originally published at: Train passengers capture video of Bigfoot strolling in Colorado wilderness | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Am I really expected to believe this tall tale? People in the US riding trains? Really? Come up with something more believable.

42 Likes

The Durango Costume Co has great deals on Wookie costumes this time o’ year

(hold yer cell phones horizontally for videos people!)

20 Likes

Yes, it’s definitely not a human, who knows that credulous people ride these trains looking for cryptids, dressing up as one to help promote more of this kind of tourism. It’s a Samsquamch. Clearly.

15 Likes

Couldn’t be a man in gorilla suit, no f*cking way, no, you know he’s real.

6 Likes

high quality GIF

7 Likes

well, it could be a sasquatch dressed up in a gorilla suit. can we really say for sure what’s under there?

15 Likes

Fun joke, but Boingboing should be careful linking to the Denver Gazette - it’s a right wing rag that is owned by a GOP billionaire.

11 Likes

Talking The Muppets GIF by ABC Network

9 Likes

Does Bigfoot sh*t in the woods? Now we know.

Look away kids.

8 Likes

It might be a Malaysian sun bear in a gorilla suit, escaped from a Chinese zoo

10 Likes

I wish the day would come when Bigfoot was legitimately discovered, though it would also be kind of sad. Unfortunately, today is not that day.

How long must I wait? /s

1 Like

This is noticeably AI generated. Its arm morphs from one position to another in a very AI-characteristic way. When it sits down, its head shifts position. The closeup of its face is very uncanny.

AI generated video is taking a while to iron out its kinks. We’re all going to have to become much more skeptical of video over the next year or two.

I appreciate art and storytelling that use AI creatively. I don’t appreciate grifters.

13 Likes

I’ll also add, from an artist’s perspective…notice how the localized shadows in the surrounding brush are nowhere near as dark as the shadows on “Bigfoot’s” fur. Even if not AI, definitely CGI.

Star Trek Hoax GIF

10 Likes

Sasquatch?? More like “SAS-SQUATS”. AMIRITE?!? HAHAHAHA… hahah… ha… uh… um… cough. Ahem. Sorry.

rick baker bigfoot GIF

7 Likes

Sorry about that. It was me. It was really cold. I had to wear all those furs.

2 Likes

That’s not even a good fur suit.

3 Likes

Of course not. Those are invisible.

6 Likes

Looks more like someone in some sort of a ghillie suit to me. /shrugs

Yeah, I think that’s basically true in some way, even if the figure isn’t entirely AI-generated. Assuming the video is “real,” it’s been software interpolated to the point where it’s pretty much a computer-generated image, with details invented by the software where none were captured by the camera. I assumed it looked weird because it started off as real video of someone in a ghillie suit, but where the software’s attempting to make coherent shapes out of indistinct fuzzy blobs, and coming up with something that looked quite different from what would have been filmed with an analog camera and a telephoto lens.

People really don’t realize that, increasingly, modern cameras are generating images via software that may or may not have much relation to what was there. Even if people aren’t deliberately creating fakes, they’re accidentally creating them.

6 Likes

Clash Royale Yes GIF by Clash

I’m stuck in this weird conundrum where I cannot use an analog camera to save my life, but a good phone camera helps a lot, but it still cannot figure out the fine details and just makes stuff up. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes