Transgender Awareness - Positive News and Stories

Oh! That’s husband Xmas gift material! He’d love to read that. I mean, me too, but he’s a big fan of old school electronic pioneers, so…

5 Likes

Excellent!!

12 Likes
14 Likes
14 Likes

Two more trans people with electoral wins.

Sarah McBride - Delaware State Senator- the first trans person to win a state senate seat.

Stephanie Byers - Kansas state rep.

14 Likes
9 Likes

Just noticed (may have been there a while, but…) that the newborn readout from our local hospital has, where the category used to be “gender,” now lists “sex assigned at birth.” Not a huge step, but for an area like this, a huge step.

13 Likes
17 Likes

:cry::sob:

11 Likes

Exactly that. That’s a lovely result to a sad story.

9 Likes
9 Likes

Sound business advice!

15 Likes

From @Samwitch11 on Twitter.

12 Likes

Desert Bus is happening again, and this was the winning entry for a “design a new superhero” art challenge:

Desert Bus Says Trans Rex :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Love it! Also, reminds me of this… I guess cause of the dinosaur reference?

no-trans-exclusion

11 Likes

Just a reminder that only 2% of trans Americans are registered Republicans, according the the national transgender survey.

You’re welcome.

11 Likes

It’s baffling that any exist at all.

I dont get people who support institutions that actively hate them.

Still, that’s lower than the nonzero number of self-hating Black folks who vote Republican, so kudos.

11 Likes

Here is at least one… Not sure if there are any other high profile transfolks who have support Trump at any point, though.

Right? I don’t either… They think they’ll not be targeted by being supportive of bigots, I guess?

11 Likes

She can fuck right off - didn’t watch a single minute of her show.

9 Likes

Yeah. It sucks that she went from a high profile olympian who came out as trans, to a maga backing asshole. Ugh.

Weirdly, I guess there is an entire generation who only know her as the husband of Kris Jenner who came out as trans… I still remember people talking about her accomplishments as an athlete as a kid (though this would have been after her success at the olympics in the 70s for me in the 80s).

9 Likes