Transgender Awareness - Positive News and Stories

7 Likes

Was just thinking about this yesterday wondering if/when Biden would overturn.

10 Likes
7 Likes

I’m posting this here because, like so many of her other works, this is beautiful, well thought-out, and powerful. It’s wonderful to see the joy on Abby’s face as she comes onscreen as herself for the first time. And it’s informative for those of us who are cis and seek more understanding of our trans brothers and sisters in their journey toward becoming (externally) their true selves.

Abigail makes another statement here:

(If this doesn’t belong here, please let me know, I’ll remove it.)

13 Likes

I’m a huge fan of her. I have to admit I’d been getting more feminine vibes from her recently in her live streams but I was really thrown that she had basically been doing male drag for so long on YouTube while transitioning in her personal life. I’d assumed I was just picking up on her getting more comfortable with herself after coming out as bisexual not too long ago.

The parts she plays in her videos are really theatrical anyway but she was still live streaming and having to put on her old voice for them.

My partner uses some of her videos in his own philosophy classes, her presentation of ideas is always effective and entertaining, and often moving.

I’m really looking forward to her new work this upcoming year.

6 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKt1AMClArM/?igshid=euc5km3lasip

9 Likes

Space Dad comes through again!

10 Likes

That made me tear up a bit. She’s so happy and that makes him happy. As it always should be.

5 Likes

This came across my feed. I think this will not be news to most here, but I post it because it needs more eyeballs and some might find it useful for “those” conversations. Also, OB-GYN from Texas! I have to wonder if this affected her professionally. She references having people threaten to report her to the Board of Medicine.

5 Likes

More Americans identify as LGBT than ever before: Poll - ABC News (go.com)

Interesting breakdown, much broader than just trans, but includes that category as well. The generational breakdown is interesting as well. I don’t believe for a second that there are 10x as many LGBTQ+ folks in Gen Z than in Gen X, but younger folks are less interested in compromising on who they are. Interesting data, anyway.

7 Likes
2 Likes

I had to go to the tweets to understand that, but yes, survivorship bias. Both active (as in those who were killed) and passive (those who remained closeted in order to survive) bias feeds this data.

8 Likes

Sorry, I shouldn’t have taken it as read that everyone is as familiar with that image as I am.

9 Likes

Remember this Representative next time someone tries to tell you that Texas is just a bunch of far-right rednecks.

16 Likes

But the south is the REAL problem… /s

sponge-bob-sarcastic-sb

3 Likes

No, they have no shame.

And sadly, there are too many far-right rednecks in Texas, even if that’s far from every Texan, or even Texan politician. :frowning:

2 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

Worth a read.

10 Likes
13 Likes