Transgender Awareness - Positive News and Stories

I always thought he was, but I don’t know if he ever “officially” came out.

7 Likes

He had four children, so more likely bi than gay, if either.

I recall there being jokes about it in the old Richard Pryor roast. (Of course, one absolutely can’t look to jokes in a roast as proof of anything. This was just an excuse to plug the roast, a must see.)

5 Likes

C’mon now…

That’s not actual evidence; plenty of gay and bi folks have kids from a cis-het relationship.

It really was one of the best ever, totally worth plugging.

9 Likes

Yeah, you’re right, but I felt that as many as four signified some attraction to women. That’s a lot of children just to try and prove a point.

ETA: But this is of course just highlighting one of my blind spots, not so much about sexuality as children. To further illustrate, after a day of teaching the little sprogs, I had to set up a new password for something or other. My new password? Vasectomy…

10 Likes

10 Likes

Dammit, I forgot he died. :frowning_face:

6 Likes

Yep.

RIP.

7 Likes

Paul Mooney Episode 151 GIF by Soul Train

7 Likes
12 Likes

This will not shock most here, but may come in handy for IRL discussions:

Increasing numbers of papers of this sort are coming out, but the conclusions are all very similar. Conversion therapy is very effective at converting live transgender kids into dead ones.

13 Likes

Thread. Worth a minute or two to read.
Jen is amazing.

18 Likes

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

10 Likes
11 Likes

My amateur nouns were he/him but my pronouns are she/her.

15 Likes

And you’re very pro noun.

13 Likes

Here we are with the boxes and clouds again. I know it is very human to put labels on things, in fact it may be be the defining human characteristic, but a guy can dream, yes? I so wish we could just not feel the need to place group labels and identities on people, and just let them be who they are. I’d also like peace in the Middle East. And a pony. Definitely a pony.

14 Likes

Petition for certiorari denied on November 1, 2021

Thomas, Alito & Gorsuch voted to grant cert.

14 Likes

:roll_eyes: Of course they did. At least the ruling against the hospital stands, thank goodness. If you refuse to provide medical services to everyone, you shouldn’t be providing medical services at all.

16 Likes

This! Amen and pass the ammunition. We have become the “trans friendly” pediatric practice, not because we set out to become that, but because we don’t fire kids who come out. That, my friends, is an incredibly low bar. Want to be “the best?” Just try not to be an asshole! That’s all it takes, apparently.

18 Likes

Yeah, that should tell you how horrible some people are…

12 Likes