Transgender Awareness - Positive News and Stories

17 Likes
15 Likes

I have a very clear memory of when I was four telling my mother my favorite color was pink. “Oh no,” she said, “pink is a girl’s color.”

I felt mildly ashamed but also, and more acutely, a feeling I couldn’t articulate that gendered colors was the stupidest thing I’d ever heard. Being much older and, I hope, wiser, hasn’t changed my mind either, especially having learned that pink was once considered “masculine”.

16 Likes

I guess you could file this story under either “positive news” or “bigotry” depending on how you look at it.

Hertfordshire Libraries in the UK has introduced a new storytelling character for children named “Tala,” an alien that happens to be a member of a nonbinary species and uses they/them pronouns. Predictably, a lot of bigots who ordinarily wouldn’t give a second thought to anything related to childhood literacy programs are freaking the heck out.

16 Likes
17 Likes

They’re cute! Die mad, bigots!

14 Likes

Look how cute she is!

Absolutely princess material!

Youre Cute Emma Stone GIF by Zombieland

14 Likes

That is the cutest character design I have seen in ages; haters can go kick rocks with no socks.

16 Likes

It’s demoralizing that good news is some governments stepping in to alleviate the oppression of other governments. But there we are.

16 Likes
19 Likes

Ranting.

Screenshot_20221004-213220_Samsung Internet

Continued ranting.

Gloriously burned.

19 Likes

She’s incredibly mad about a cute NB cartoon alien. How pathetic, and how petty.

13 Likes
14 Likes

I’m unfamiliar with her, but congratulations to her becoming herself.

15 Likes

As I asked one of my just-out trans kids, “How does it feel to finally breath?”

17 Likes
16 Likes

The whole episode was great and the interview with the Arkansas AG was phenomenal.

10 Likes

Thread

13 Likes

An excerpt

This episode is available for free

10 Likes
18 Likes