Transgender Awareness - Positive News and Stories

You don’t need to understand Spanish to understand the video.

15 Likes

Sad Happy Tears GIF by Debby Ryan

14 Likes

Yeah, I am crying :sob:

14 Likes

im not crying youre crying GIF

14 Likes

Sad Hunks GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

13 Likes

11 Likes

https://mastodon.lol/@ThatFrisianGirlish/109466267389042133

#trans people are not “born in the wrong body”. It’s not something you’d say about someone disposed for chronic depression, or type I diabetes, or thyroid problems. Yet we all were born into a body that can not go about life as someone who is not affected by those things. 1/4

The parallels go on. Some can manage on their own. Some need therapy or training to adjust their behaviour to their specific needs. Some need medication, for the rest of their lifes. And some need surgical procedures. These are individual needs. None of those define the person. 2/4

To see a trans person and their body only through the lense of their transition, or even their validity as such by the degree they seek measures of transition is dismissing them as a person, and reducing them to perceived misery. It blinds to the beauty and magic of euphoric moments, and anything outside of being trans that a trans person is. 3/4

We’re artists, scientists, workers, caregivers, lovers, family, friends; we’re right about things, and we’re wrong; we’re good people, and bad. We’re primarily us. We were not born in the wrong body. Our bodies are the only bodies we could have had. We are not the measures that we take to make ourselves at home in them. 4/4

18 Likes

I wasn’t born in the wrong body, this one’s mine, but the default settings were terrible.

20 Likes

Transition is a small period of my life from decades ago. And paradoxically; something with me everyday. Even when it’s just the external bullshit that’s there everyday.

15 Likes

Gender euphoria exists, and for me it always comes in the form of a surprise ‘Wow, is that REALLY me?’

The sensation is anything from a ripple of joy at a photo, to an almost spiritual feeling of full harmony with the universe (this HAS happened 3 times, a few mins each)

All 3 occasions were very special milestones.
But still I wonder, will I feel this way again?

If you know a #trans person pretty well, gender euphoria is such a positive thing for us. Ask & maybe you’ll know us better? :purple_heart:

I haven’t experienced any intense euphoria yet, but I’ve had lots of ripples of joy lately.

15 Likes
14 Likes

Seriously doubt a relationship, but I would claim her! We love bad asses in my family.

14 Likes

Deep Inside Hollywood: Trans filmmaker Silas Howard steers ‘Darby and the Dead’ for Hulu

13 Likes

12 Likes

???

I’m not familiar with that nickname for a fascist, I presume?

8 Likes

I believe it’s a reference to this…

Andy Ngo is seen after unidentified people attacked him with milkshakes at a demonstration on June 29, 2019, in Portland, Oregon. (Photo by Moriah Ratner/Getty Images)

13 Likes

Ah, I see.

Thanks!

9 Likes

https://eightpoint.app/@MJtheDramaQueen/109496133404268624

“Transitioning won’t solve all your problems”

Yeah I know I have ADHD and depression and anxiety and trauma and abuse and neglect and regret and debt and a messy kitchen and no clean laundry

But at least I’m not dealing with all that with my hormones all out of whack

(plus I’m hella cute now so that helps :smirk_cat:)

14 Likes

https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2021-80256-001

15 Likes

I just came here to post that!

Here’s a non-Twitter link:

17 Likes