Transgender Awareness - Positive News and Stories

Goodness he’s a wonderful human being.

8 Likes

A friend of a friend just got to the top of the bottom surgery list. She is absolutely ecstatic and presumably I get a slightly muted version since it is second hand so I can only imagine how joyful the first hand experience is for her.

6 Likes

Kate Mckinnon News GIF by Emmys

12 Likes
8 Likes

Finally!

Now do King Ashurbanipal; who has been credited with inventing the library.

8 Likes

Yet another reason to think of Rome!
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

6 Likes

Can’t read that name now without this popping into my head:

3 Likes
5 Likes

It’s interesting that Elagabalus has been reviled as one of Rome’s worst emperors forever, but it’s starting to look like her living openly as a woman may be mostly responsible for the vitriol. And her assassination. Which her own grandmother helped arrange. I also find it interesting that her birth name was Sextus Varius Avitus Bassianus.

7 Likes

Nominative determinism again! Although, in fairness, in Latin (IIRC) that would read quite differently.

8 Likes

I’m going to start a rock band and call it Various Avid Sex Bass.

7 Likes

You’ll be knee-deep in lonely fishermen.

6 Likes

free version

7 Likes
7 Likes

I knew Joanne & Angela a bit. TGForum was heavily “crossdresser” focused as we said at the time. Angela used to - and may still- DJ after the Renaissance meetings near King of Prussia. Jamie was a fairly well known game developer. The Forum was related to her (Joanne’s) trans/crossdresser support business & some getaway weekends in a hotel.

Though Joanne did get involved in supporting some activist organizations- she used to say that transsexuals had the issues- but crossdressers had the money.

Are the old Usenet forums still available? I think there was a larger and a more diverse community there.

8 Likes

Oh man, pawning the family jewels and teetus deletus are so good.

7 Likes

I remember visiting TGForum in the late 90’s, though I was never a regular there and I stopped visiting that site after a short time. The same thing happened with “Susans Place”. I think i just read or interacted with the wrong people there, but those places left me feeling like “i wasn’t really trans”, it was probably the descriptions of the gatekept transition process.

8 Likes

But are you a “true transsexual”? Lots of that nonsense back then. And groups only for “heterosexual crossdressers”. No transgeder/transsexuals or people who are attracted to men allowed!

And no trans guys, either. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Oh yeah. I had kinda forgotten about a lot of that. That really kept me from understanding that I really was trans for a long time. Gatekeeping sucks.

5 Likes
5 Likes