Transphobic Kid Rock promotes Happy Dad, only to find out they have a deal with Caitlyn Jenner

I’m sure Kid Rock cares. Ammosexuals have deep feelings for their firearms. /s

I see a lot of sarcastic remarks missing an /s tag but it’s not very often I see an ostensibly serious remark with /s added on for some reason.

4 Likes

Some folks use it to pretend they’re not taking the piss.

8 Likes

Came here for that. She’s in the category of a “token” in that her politics tend to align with his on pretty much everything else and is used as a pawn to throw out when the Right wants to show it’s “diverse”.

Also Kid Rock is just as much a media loving grifter as the rest of this crowd, and always has been. Despite all his blue collar image and lean towards Southern Rock roots, he’s a rich kid from a mansion in a wealthy suburb of Detroit.

As someone who grew up in Michigan in the 90s… most of us knew he was a fraud and didn’t buy into it other than noting a few songs of his debut album were catchy. That song where he samples Lynrd Sknynrd makes me physically ill with anger because it’s all bullshit.

3 Likes

I remember my Newspaper teacher back in high school talking about Kid Rock when his career was just taking off. “That’s just Bob. He DJed at some parties I went to. He hasn’t gotten much better.”

9 Likes

But - no comment on the transphobia itself?

8 Likes

Well, you know what really matters! No bigotry but getting the specific names of kill sticks correct… /s

Angry Work GIF

10 Likes

I know Jacques very well from my time in Boston.

How odd - usually someone knows about and respects the people they dance with more than firearms they may or may not own. But I guess the minutiae of firearm identification is critically more important than us.

11 Likes

Confused Excuse Me GIF by GIPHY News

I mean… is it that complicated? It’s hating and fearing people who are trans? Shouldn’t we be against that kind of thing, even if we’re not ourselves trans? :woman_shrugging:

12 Likes

What exactly don’t you understand about transphobia? It’s bigots trying to hurt others for who they are. What more is there that you need to know?

11 Likes

Seth Meyers Idk GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

9 Likes

Trans blind is the new color blind.

11 Likes

8 Likes
9 Likes

Like skipping straight past the transphobic behaviour of a man and talking about which exact instrument of death he uses in his manly hobbies and then feigning ignorance when called on it?

No Way Wow GIF

7 Likes

Oh, okay, so it’s like, "I don’t see gender.*
Cool.

Sad Kristen Bell GIF

4 Likes

I don’t understand why people fear transgender or transsexual people. Why do some people fear how other people choose to dress or not believe that some people do not agree with the gender they were assigned at birth?

It makes no sense to me except for people dressing as Ku Klux Klan members or Nazis; People who dress like members of known hate groups who have actually killed people for being different. Those people scare me.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.