Transportation secretary Elaine Chao resigns over Trump support for Capitol siege

Not to mention that her husband, Moscow Mitch, only managed to openly oppose Trump AFTER it was clear that he would become the Minority Leader immediately following the Georgia runoffs.

12 Likes

So brave to leave a job without giving two weeks notice…

6 Likes

It makes sense; there’s only so much room on the U-boat to Argentina.

5 Likes

That’s important work, make sure your discovery gets the attention it deserves:

1 Like

She gets the best of both worlds. 4 years of easy living, the “Secretary” honorific for life, and, now she can say how “she never like him, she never trusted him.”

Never forget how “well” it all turned out for Scarface in the end, though.

8 Likes

Only if you watch the movie. The video game version lets him win, because he’s the player character.

2 Likes

“She was there for the money, not the mob. Why stick around for the finale?”

NAILED. IT.

5 Likes

I won’t even ask WHY is there a freaking Scarface video game, because something something money grab…

That said, a merch ploy that I’ve never seen is not canon in my book.

Only Elvira survived, because she was the only one to GTFO before Tony was too far gone.

5 Likes
12 Likes

Well she and Turtle already got their $25M “gift” from her shipping-magnate-with-Chinese-government-connections father

7 Likes

Yeah, this is some combination of self-preservation and general cowardice, at best.

Pretty crazy to be talking about “turning the page” when this shit is ongoing.

Yeah, and not in a vague, for those “somewhere down the line, in some future administration” kind of way, but about the behavior of Republican congresscritters and their rioting supporters right now. You’d think that Democrats might recognize that this was not just necessary for the continued existence of this country as a democracy, but for their own short-term survival.

10 Likes
14 Likes

I agree. There need to be consequences, especially for acts of terrorism. Otherwise, what’s the deterrent?

2 Likes

No deterrent to treason ==> endless treason.

2 Likes

How many times do they need to reach across the isle only to have their hand slapped away or, shit, stabbed, before centrist and establishment Democrats stop calling for “bipartisanship” with opponents who have no interest in it.
Fuck “turning the page”, it’s time to salt the earth.
GOP delenda est.

Romney and any other Republicans that haven’t completely lost their damn minds, or burned the last scrap of their shriveled souls, can break away and form a new party, maybe with some of the more right-wing Democrats - then, and only then, will true negotiation, compromise and bipartisanship be possible again.

4 Likes

I favour impeachment over the 25th amendment (which implicitly removes responsibility).

However, the one counter-argument to impeachment that I could entertain is that it could be quite an effective weapon to neuter the first few months of Biden’s term when you have peak momentum. The idea of 6 months of hearings, etc. while congress and the senate does nothing might delight the Republicans, all for a symbolic (although I feel necessary) measure.

Well, that means the video game version also lets him lose, and probably a lot more often. :slight_smile:

Characters in video games

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.