James N. Miller quits Defense Science Board, citing Defense Secretary Mark Esper's "blatant violations" of oath to "support and defend the Constitution"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/02/james-n-miller-quits-defense.html

14 Likes

Now waiting for Trump to issue a statement to the effect that he demanded Miller’s resignation. Can’t have a show of righteous independent acts of rebellion in this administration. Nope.

23 Likes

There are no lines, only Mammon.

13 Likes

I like this guy. Can I get his mailing address so I can add him to my christmas card list?

9 Likes

It took him several years to realize he served a fascist regime?

6 Likes

If not now, when?
If not here, where?

Glad he finally drew the line, wondering how/why we ever got to a place where something so extreme could possibly be the straw that broke the camel’s back.

As I said in another thread, if he’s gonna throw in with the Resistance now, then welcome.

If this is just the parting shot of someone who’s going to go dark after this, he can fuck right off.

10 Likes

are you kidding? doesn’t even know the guy. met him maybe once. knows nothing about him. always been a never trumper

14 Likes

People say that he’s very bad at his job and they call him Jittery James.

10 Likes

Finally! I was beginning to wonder if there was even one person with integrity in the Trump administration.

4 Likes

I dunno. If he walks then he knows he will be replaced by a Trump stooge. So it is either stay where you are and block that happening, or go and wash you hands of the whole affair. You can’t run death camps thinking “well it’s better I do it than some nasty person who would enjoy it”. But, if he had left on the first day, then we would probably have got here a lot sooner.

Suddenly, all has changed. There is a visible line between Good and Evil. Anyone who doesn’t walk now has left it too late.

5 Likes

There was, but there ain’t no more :frowning:

5 Likes

Looks like he forced Esper’s hand.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.