Mitch McConnell's wife Elaine Chao is among Trump administration resignations one day after MAGA mob storms Capitol

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/07/mitch-mcconnells-wife-elaine-chao-is-among-trump-administration-resignations-one-day-after-maga-mob-storms-capitol.html

2 Likes

She got hers, now she can fob off work two weeks early and have a bunch of dipshits applaud her.

Filth.

25 Likes

It takes a lot of courage to follow your conscience and quit your job 2 weeks before it is over anyway. /s

27 Likes

Absolutely what I was feeling. They milked this situation for literally all it was worth. They only bail out AFTER the sedition. Gold plated grifters.

20 Likes

She didn’t so much resign as flee her responsibilities to invoke article 25 on a president who is a clear and present danger to the United States and incapable of leadership.

33 Likes

Taking the least courageous action every step of the way.

I guess the only people left to invoke the 25th will be the ones who aren’t concerned.

10 Likes

Fixed that for you.
They were part of the conspiracy and helped organize the whole thing with the ringleader. They tried to overthrow our democracy. They should swing for it.

8 Likes

there’s a term for high level german military and civilian authorities who abandoned their posts the last week of april in 1945.

it’s

right

on

the

tip

of

my

tongue . . .

oh yeah!

nazi

23 Likes

I suspect McConnell suspects that Trump has entered his bunker, and remembers that nothing good happened to anyone else in the vicinity once Hitler did that.

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/elainaplott/status/1347311739344400384

:violin:

19 Likes

Hit the nail square on the head. Deplorable.

1 Like

I love the shit out of that quote.

Historians have a word for Germans who joined the Nazi party, not because they hated Jews, but out of a hope for restored patriotism, or a sense of economic anxiety, or a hope to preserve their religious values, or dislike of their opponents, or raw political opportunism, or convenience, or ignorance, or greed.

That word is “Nazi.” Nobody cares about their motives anymore.

A.R. Moxon

21 Likes

Won’t mass resignations just further hinder a transition that was already running weeks behind schedule?

At this point, most of those people who should resign have nothing of value they could add to the transition. So, we’d be better off without their input. The civil-servant staff who do all the real work behind the scenes are the ones who should assist the transition.

4 Likes

A wee bit too big. I could see it without a scanning electron microscope.

1 Like

Like rats leaving a sunken ship.

1 Like

Radioactive ship. They are all still radioactive.

3 Likes

coward - enact the 25th amendment

3 Likes

And another one gone and another one gone…

7 Likes

what’s the colloquialism?..

“Good riddance to bad rubbish”.

Yep. That’s the one.

6 Likes