Tree beast of Krakow actually a croissant

Originally published at: Tree beast of Krakow actually a croissant | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Why in the hell do I live in a climate zone where croissants do not grow on trees?!

19 Likes

Have to make sure what the tree produces isn’t poisonous, though, since local wildlife didn’t eat it. :thinking: Around here, baked goods (and fruits on trees) left to the birbs don’t last long enough for the authorities to be called. :wink:

5 Likes

You raise a good point, though I’d probably risk it for croissants. I’m assuming the local bird population also assumed it was an iguana as that’s the only rational explanation I can have for something as fantastical as an uneaten croissant.

5 Likes

Here’s some destination planners:

image !

image !

Be sure to allow for northwards shift over time in this hemisphere, due to global warming. Some of these delicacies may become pests because their natural predators no longer roam the same range. Fortunately, there are solutions if you have the right altitude.

7 Likes

Perhaps a French visitor tried the local bakery’s croissant, though it was terrible and tossed it?

2 Likes

“BLEH! This thing tastes like iguana.”

4 Likes

More like Gówno than iguana

Pas-de-pitié-pour-les-croissants1

3 Likes

An… iguana? If I were to misidentify a croissant stuck in a tree (which is understandable, given the “wrong context” identification problem), if I thought it was natural, I’d assume it was some sort of wasp or bee nest, or some sort of growth (like a gall), not a reptile.

3 Likes

No Welsh Cakes?! Outrageous! :rage:

1 Like

Come to Paris. I’m constantly having to steer my dog away from croissants under trees. Even I am almost convinced they grow on trees here.

4 Likes

I think those brown curly things under trees that are so attractive to your dog’s sense of smell may not, in fact be, croissants.

1 Like

Oh, no, he likes the other brown curly things too. At least to smell – fortunately, he has stopped eating them.

1 Like

That’s lucky. There’s no shortage of them on the streets of Paris IIRC. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.