Triple amputee veteran starts GoFundMe for Trump's border wall

At the rate they’re going, it’ll take a little more than 42 years to pay for the $20billion wall.

4 Likes

I like that they’ve been shopping this new $5 billion number as a starter. They still don’t have permits to build or even a design. Even if this was something anyone wanted, they’re orders of magnitude too shy on money and it would take a decade to build.

Walls didn’t stop people a thousand years ago. They’re not going to stop anyone with access the ability to make a ladder or rope. For that, you’d need patrols, plus maintenance which would be billions a year by even the most conservative estimates.

With the same amount they want for this ridiculous wall, they could provide free healthcare and college to every American, plus repair a surprising percentage of the country’s infrastructure, all of which would generate tens of thousands of jobs. With all those people now graduating, you can have the smartest work to solve the immigration solution, which a wall does nothing to solve - all you’re hoping to do is stop a few people who aren’t creative. If you really think that someone fleeing for their life who has walked hundreds of miles will be stopped by a wall, no matter how high, you’re crazy. What are they going to do; go back?

17 Likes

I was going to suggest a cheaper solution to the wall: caution tape.

9 Likes

Even better than that; they are donating the money to Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services (RAICES).

11 Likes

Obligatory:

Though quite an impressive historical artifact now, in practice ages ago, it DID. NOT. WORK.

Word to everything you posted in your comment.

23 Likes

I’ve wondered this many times.

Plus, he could build in a few Trump Guard Towers along the route, hype em up as tourist attractions AND part of the “solution”: Be The Wall – “enjoy wallside rooms equipped with military grade mounted binoculars (w/night vision!) so you can view the thwarted slime seething up against the Mighty Buttress, as you MAGA. Discounts for veterans.”

6 Likes

“Too many Americans have been murdered by illegal aliens” - his quote = fake news

from Snopes - https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/have-undocumented-killed-63000-us-9-11/

“There were 951 total homicide convictions in Texas in 2015. Of those, native-born Americans were convicted of 885 homicides, illegal immigrants were convicted of 51 homicides, and legal immigrants were convicted of 15 homicides. The homicide conviction rate for native-born Americans was 3.88 per 100,000, 2.9 per 100,000 for illegal immigrants, and 0.51 per 100,000 for legal immigrants (Figure 2).”

If he wants to do something about murder - he should look to the right wing gun asshats who think nothing of walking into someplace and start firing. Maybe tightening up gun laws would help, huh?

20 Likes

I’d bet next week’s paycheck that most Americans are murdered by other Americans… usually ones they know personally.

14 Likes

Mongolians

6 Likes

tumblr_n66brffd6F1sewiyco1_400

10 Likes
6 Likes

Most mass shootings in the US have been perpetrated by ‘natural born’ White males.

13 Likes

I think I’ve seen the scale model for that …

11 Likes

they know it takes hours for a response to a breach in the current tiny parts of the border wall

so this is all a dog&pony show for attention, they just want to fight someone, anyone, spite spite spite, it fuels their lives

instead, simply enforce businesses not hiring people without documentation, throw the biggest hiring violators in prison

however it will always be legal to seek asylum in the usa, not sure why they think a wall will stop that?

3 Likes

I guess that no Republicans watch Game of thrones?

7 Likes

That is the set . . .

9 Likes

This goes on to show that there is sadly no demographic that’s free from idiots.

3 Likes

Not necessarily.

16 Likes

His grandparents came here the right way. They found a way to cross an ocean.

2 Likes

Every penny will go to making Donny Two Burgers happy, that is to say all proceeds will go directly into his wallet.

3 Likes