Trippy: "Pink Floyd covers Billie Eilish"

Originally published at: Trippy: "Pink Floyd covers Billie Eilish" | Boing Boing

4 Likes

But can you play it along with Wizard of Oz?

9 Likes

More please LoL

4 Likes

This needs to be an actual thing!

AssuredForthrightFawn-size_restricted

8 Likes

NAILED IT!!! ← this is a complete sentence.

3 Likes

Doesn’t have a subject.

1 Like

No… I believe “It” is the chosen pronoun of the consensual subject he nailed.

It’s been a while, but I believe ‘it’ is the object. ‘I’ (or probably ‘they,’ in the original) is arguably the implied subject.

Edit: Aaaanywho, rather than sucking the fun out of any joke @StatusQuo was making, I should instead say that I was really surprised at how fun this short mashup was. The artist was insightful to recognize how well the lyrics would translate.

2 Likes

But what does the “this” refer to? Just because you see an arrow ← doesn’t mean “this” refers to “NAILED IT!!!”

E.g. this is a complete sentence.

‘It’ the object of the verb ‘nailed’; not the subject.

1 Like

One like from me for pedantry because pedants have their place (ask me where, if you really want to know). But languages are living things. I understood this sentence, and so did you (I believe) , so it worked. If you dissect it, and complain that the elementa you find to not correspond with the model of living languages you hold, then tough. If it was just I, or I and he then you might have a case.

I don’t mind people trying to fit rules. Science does that all the time. But you don’t chuck out data that doesn’t fit the model…

1 Like

One might notice that “Doesn’t have a subject.” doesn’t have a subject.

1 Like

We are truly a pitiful bunch of nerds. Give us a post with an amazing musical adaptation and we immediately devolve into grammar jokes. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Sounds a lot like “Breathe” was the main inspiration, but it really on a second listen sounds more like “Echoes”. He nailed Gilmour’s vocals, and Richard Wright on keyboard.

1 Like

It’s just not Pink Floyd without Waters. /s

2 Likes

FTFY

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.