Troop of monkeys attack lab assistant, steal COVID-19 samples

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/29/troop-of-monkeys-attack-lab-as.html

3 Likes

index

31 Likes

I’ve seen this movie…

19 Likes

28 Monkeys Later sounds about right.

37 Likes

the animals then snatched COVID-19 blood test

We get it, you didn’t study for the test. You can just say the dog ate it. No need to be dramatic.

23 Likes

I hope all three tests turn up negative.

Joking aside, can drinking the virus give a monkey the disease? It seems doubtful, but the last thing we need is covid spreading and evolving in wild monkey populations.

8 Likes

badly_written

33 Likes

If they vape it maybe.

Monkeys are clever.

9 Likes

Wrong movie. You know SpaceX is launching the first US manned space flight in a decade tomorrow, right?

18 Likes

Stolen shamelessly from my own comment on the related Gizmodo article (because what, am I going to work or try to entertain myself and maybe some strangers on the internet?):

Thus begins the newest entry into the MCU: Primateman! After consuming infected blood, unassuming monkey Eep Eepley develops the powers of an evolved primate! Suddenly he is stunned to find himself carrying out complex verbal communication, living in an interconnected society of similar individuals, using tools to simplify his daily routines, and raising young that require an inordinate investment in time and effort to attain adulthood! He uses his powers to fight crime by voting in local elections, seeing something and saying something, and trying to be mindful of the rights of others! His powers are tested to their limits when he finds himself facing off against his nemesis, the unpleasant and over-populated mass of similarly evolved simians who are just total dicks for reasons ranging from racism to pure selfish greed! Excelsior!

12 Likes

Shakes fist - Monkeeeyyyysss!!!

8 Likes

THANK YOU! that’s an important piece. i read that this morning and thought, “wait, isn’t this how the Planet of the Apes started?” the timing with the Spacex flight is fantastic.

7 Likes

Never carry your blood samples in something that looks like a lunch box. Apply this to all situations.

8 Likes

Am I carrying the world ending plague virus or my bento box?

7 Likes

The ringleader

14 Likes

Greetings, fellow Kinjateer.

2 Likes

En ter tain
En ter tain
En ter tain…

7 Likes

Come on, everybody!

giphy-7

13 Likes
1 Like

Pretty sure rhesus monkeys were already inoculated with the virus to try and model the vaccine for future use in humans but hell if I know what this uncontrolled exposing does. Probably not much since they aren’t lab-raised but with our luck in 2020…

1 Like