Trump 'a Democratic plant'

Paranoid House Republican Descends Into Madness And Claims Donald Trump Is A Democratic Plant
By: Jason Easley
Wednesday, July, 15th, 2015, 10:47 am

The paranoid party is turning on Donald Trump. Republican Congressman Carlos Curbelo (R-FL) is claiming that Donald Trump is a Democratic plant that was sent to hurt the Republican Party.

The Miami Herald reported:

In another interview with Colombia’s W Radio, Curbelo, who supports Jeb Bush for president, piled on.

“There are too many important national, local international topics to waste time talking about a person who, I repeat, in my judgment is irrelevant — and who quite possibly is a phantom candidate recruited by the left to create this entire political circus,” he said.

And he further explained to Miami radio host Roberto Rodríguez Tejera.

“I think there’s a small possibility that this gentleman is a phantom candidate,” Curbelo said. “Mr. Trump has a close friendship with Bill and Hillary Clinton. They were at his last wedding. He has contributed to the Clintons’ foundation. He has contributed to Mrs. Clinton’s Senate campaigns. All of this is very suspicious.”

If every Republican who socially associated with the Clintons is a Democratic plant, the Republican Party is in huge trouble. In theory, this would mean that Jeb Bush is a Democratic plant because his father and brother are friends will Bill Clinton. Fox News founder Rupert Murdoch is also a Democratic plant because he held a fundraiser for Hillary Clinton. The Republicans who were in the Senate with her, remember Hillary Clinton fondly. Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) considers her a friend.

Rep. Curbelo’s comments illustrate how far to the right House Republicans are, and how the party has absolutely no idea what to do about Donald Trump.

Republicans are trying to discredit Trump because it appears that he is going to be nearly impossible to get out of the race. Donald Trump isn’t going to leave the Republican primary easily, quickly, or voluntarily. The billionaire, at least on paper, is motivated by ego and ego alone.

Trump isn’t running to help the Republican Party, or to be a good party soldier. Donald Trump is in this race for himself, so he is going to do and say whatever he wants, and if it takes the Republican Party down, so be it.

House Republicans are being confronted with what their party really stands for, and it is beginning to push them to the brink of insanity.

PMSL :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

‘Never attribute to malice that which can easily be explained by stupidity’.

17 Likes

Of course I don’t believe it for a picosecond, but it’s hilarious to consider that a Democratic plant could hardly do better - particularly if Trump runs as an independent and splits the right :smile:

5 Likes

What kind of plant?

A vegetable?

3 Likes

Oooh, Carlos, don’t pull that thread, buddy. Once you start looking too closely at various republicans to see whether or not they make the party look like fucking buffoons, the whole thing just…kinda…unravels

10 Likes

Worked so often in the republican’s favor that turnabout is fair play… and given how often both parties get screwed over by split votes they might look at something other than first past the post winner take all where people vote for a series of candidates so if one loses their vote goes to the next guy, and so on…

Ah who am I kidding.

2 Likes

The Hysterian Candidate?

3 Likes

That’s a yooje understatement.

2 Likes

When your party’s beliefs are so insane that people think that a late-night strawman comedian is genuine, and that a genuine presidential candidate is a plant, I think it’s time to seriously re-evaluate the future of your party.

9 Likes

Appears to be some sort of pumpkin/maize hybrid.
+
=

9 Likes

Could it be that the Republican party has finally ridden so screechingly hard against the rails for so long, they’re finally popping off the tracks?

Note to self: While making this, it’s the first time I’ve noticed the GOP logo has three pentagrams.

6 Likes

A venus ego trap?

6 Likes

Stupid malice?

1 Like

He could be a Republican plant. Like, planted by the very same Republicans that created this theory that he’s a Democratic plant. In a way. that does kinda describe him anyway but I mean that his job is to push the envelope so far that the others seem almost acceptable rather than human parodies.

5 Likes

Or he’s a plant to make the Jebs running for office look “respectable”.

3 Likes

The Right are creatures composed entirely of projection, of course.

1 Like

The mere fact that Trump threw out the Mexicans-as-rapists comment during his campaign announcement without being immediately booed off the stage then or any time afterwards represents the first of many problems that I have with him, especially as a candidate for POTUS. In addition, that such a large portion of the [right/left/idiocracy] would keep this guy at the top of the polls is frightening–populism is one thing, unhinged racist money-grubbing populism is something else entirely. Citric acid in small doses can be quite a lovely thing where entire bubbling vat-fulls, not so much.

It’s clear the Right wants to dump this guy in any way possible–he’s a boat anchor for any…dare I say, serious (?) GOP candidate, but the bed of their choice has been stuffed with racist, misogynistic, ignorance-first, business-second, and welfare-never policies, and now they’re tired and thinking, gee, maybe that’s not going to be so comfortable tonight.

The corollary is that any reasonable voice in the party (Huntsman made it into the debates, but I’m struggling to recall any other ‘moderates’) is chucked as nowhere-near rabid enough, and the American political system as a whole will be worse off for it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 577 days. New replies are no longer allowed.