Trump Administration rebrands natural gas "molecules of U.S. freedom"

And you’ll have the best health care, after 2016 2020, but only by giving up that that nasty Obamacare right away!

2 Likes

200w%20(2)

14 Likes

https://goo.gl/maps/tvj1QYoPPHxuJypCA

Anyway Metanopoli, the city of methane is in Italy, near Milan. Interestingly the ENI HQ there were built following sustainability guidelines
https://goo.gl/maps/qYqsmNZABGFbCVt39

3 Likes

For reference, this is the Onion take on freedom

19 Likes

Huh, I always though freedom was more of a wave than a particle.

26 Likes

I was going to make a reference to a double-slit experiment, but then I realized that “science” and “facts” have a known liberal bias.

9 Likes

Well, I guess it’s still better than rebranding VX…

4 Likes

Cows waste freedom gas into the atmosphere for everyone to share like filthy commies…

10 Likes

tng-riker-what|nullxnull

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure nobody in the Trump administration knows what any of those words mean. And yes, I’m including “of”.

1 Like

I look at as someone taking artistic license to create an eloquent metaphor. It was an overly confident fart. They miscalculated and failed. Badly.

1 Like

I think you’re right – between this and the USS John McCain blunder, I think a lot of Trump toadies are trying way too hard to make the boss happy right now, and making the whole team look even more ridiculous than they usually are. I’m guessing there’s been a lot of temper tantrums going on over the last few weeks.

3 Likes

When you Burn Fossil Fuels, You destroy Freedom.

6 Likes

I’m struggling to remember where it came from (maybe I saw it in the documentary The Atomic Cafe?), but I could have sworn that in the 40s and 50s, the us government (or maybe private companies?) commissioned films on nuclear power where they used things like “freedom” in describing some of the elements involved?

If I can remember where I got this from I’ll come back and post…

8 Likes

For Freedom!

8 Likes

That’s about the size of it.

2 Likes

He’s SELLING US freedom molecules to be BURNED, you mean?

Seems like there’s a flaw in that anal ogy.

2 Likes

If all the freedom gas is exported, we’ll have none left at home. Putin will love that. To retain our freedom (nothing left to lose), fart in a jar.

1 Like

Introducing ‘freedom gas’ – a bit like the 2003 deep-fried potato variety, only even worse for you

Article has a nice additional info section:
I’m 12, what are ‘freedom fries’?
Remember that stupid war that fomer US president George W Bush waltzed NATO into in 2003 under the pretence of saving us from Iraq’s “Weapons of Mass Destruction” that didn’t even exist?
To recap, the UN, France and others didn’t like the whole idea and tried to veto the invasion. Obviously, opposition to America is highly un-American – so Republican Chairman of the Committee on House Administration Bob Ney had the States’ staple food, French fries, renamed “freedom fries” in three Congressional cafeterias. French toast also got the treatment.
The changes were quietly reverted after Ney resigned as chairman in 2006.
Brits watched the episode in confusion because here the potato-based snack is more commonly known as chips.

7 Likes

The idea is that American LNG is “freedom” because itcan substitute for Russian natural gas.

1 Like