Trump's new climate czar has repeatedly and unrepentantly compared efforts to reduce CO2 to Hitler's slaughter of 6,000,000 Jews

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/29/gas-chamber-gasbag.html

3 Likes

Are those his actual nose hairs? I feel genuinely queasy and that’s before I even read the text

19 Likes

First they came for the CO2 but I said nothing…

30 Likes

I’m kind of shocked that he’s not a Holocaust denier.

19 Likes

I hope he goes to Germany or Israel to make that analogy. They tend to be a bit sensitive about the whole subject of comparing other stuff to the Holocaust, they might find it untasteful to say that murdering six million Jews is no worse than imposing some environmental regulations.

23 Likes

I’m actually glad (for the world) that they doubled down on lies and crazy, it sends a clear message that the rest of the world has to do MORE because there is no US leadership which will result in the rest of the world getting to cleaner energy first and export that knowledge to the US when its proven.

18 Likes

@doctorow are those nose hairs shopped?

If not, damn.

3 Likes

We’ve reached the point where I won’t be surprised to read Trump’s latest crony appointee to any department is actually one kid standing on the shoulders of another kid while wearing a trench coat. Subtlety has joined truth in the same shallow grave when it comes to anything this administration does.

He evolved them to help detect CO2 emissions. If they don’t vibrate, the amount of CO2 is at safe levels.

ETA I just randomly stumbled across this…

… so perhaps he’s just fashionable?

9 Likes

This absolutely fits perfectly with the Trump administration’s stated goal to put people in every cabinet-level position who can most effectively destroy it.

17 Likes

They aren’t a “thing”, that headline is idiotic.

3 Likes

When Trump was elected, I thought “How bad can it be?”

Now all I can think is “Can we hold on for another 18 months?” and “If he wins, what happens next?”

And in the meantime, the Democrats are still doing business as usual and lining up behind East Coast Old White Dude. I’ll vote for whoever they nominate, but is it too much to ask to give me someone that I don’t have to hold my nose for?

9 Likes

shrug. I didn’t write it. I just found humor in the randomness of running across it and figured I would share.

5 Likes

Then they came for the helium…

and again I said nothing, but it would have been funny if I had.

20 Likes

Could be worse: could be not his actual nose hairs.

You know – like the drummer in Spinal Tap who choked to death on vomit … someone else’s vomit.

6 Likes

He probably is. The hyperbolic language thing sometimes happens among nondeniers, but when asked about it most people will be horrified and back off. You almost have to be a denier to stick by those statements.

1 Like

offered to pay him to deny climate change and promote higher CO2 levels on their behalf, and made the payment conditional on Happer disguising the source of his funding. Happer agreed to take the job.

It’s incredible that the denier/conspiracy theorists think that the 99% or so of scientists are being bought and paid for by some nefarious group, as opposed to the 1% who continue to deny, who could be being paid by any number of ginormous actors with vested interests…

7 Likes

Maybe he thinks the execution facilities were called “gas chambers” because they were used to kill innocent gases.

3 Likes

Dude looks like a weird shriveled up version of Trump.

3 Likes

Yuck. I really want to believe that it’s just some @beschizza Photoshop magic … but I’m pretty sure it isn’t since he doesn’t have mouths where his eyes should be, too.

3 Likes

Or that scientists would pervert their integrity for enough money to buy luxurious automobiles like…a 1988 Volvo station wagon, the official sports car of PhDs everywhere!

6 Likes