Trump's new climate czar has repeatedly and unrepentantly compared efforts to reduce CO2 to Hitler's slaughter of 6,000,000 Jews

Explains his opinions on CC. Severely in-grown scalp hair has traveled down through his brain and has infiltrated his sinus cavity. Fuzzy, muddled thoughts ensue.

3 Likes

somehow he looks like a generic televangelist…he’s got that true-believer look in those glassy eyes.

3 Likes

This one’s a Cory original, I think

4 Likes

His analogy is worse than Hitler.

4 Likes

Pilgrim : Tell me: Do you have hairs in your nose?
Frenssen : Why?
Pilgrim : Because I have some up my ass. We can tie them together.
– Das Boot (1981)

6 Likes

You know, I know a fair number of phds… I can’t think of a single one that drives a volvo, oddly enough… prius, modern VW bug, mid-90s/2000s toyotas, a mini, a honda fit, at least one porsche 2 seater convertible (driven by a marxist!)… But no volvos…

7 Likes

He has his gases mixed up.

You definitely have a point. The PhDs I work with all have hybrids, except for the guy who has a big family and drives an old mini-van.

5 Likes

The volvo is probably an outmoded stereotype… like pipes and elbow patches, and white men! :wink:

7 Likes

I also fell into the classic blunder - confusing professor tropes with PhD tropes!

7 Likes

Ha! To be fair, it wasn’t too long ago, when one almost certainly meant the other… not so much anymore!

2 Likes

“Volvo” in this context is outdated code for “practical, reliable, modestly-priced car”, thus no longer applying to actual Volvos, which no academic PhD could afford any more. So your colleagues fit right in, except for the Marxist outlier who probably made a killing on the stock market.

5 Likes

Screen%20Shot%2098

1 Like

Oh, no, he was a boomer, relatively recent retired, stuck with the pension when given the option to switch to a 401K, and was the chair of the history department for 20 years, so he came by it honestly, as far as I know… He also started living in Atlanta when it was much cheaper (late 70s or early 80s), so probably got a house for a song back in the day… I’d also bet that he was married with no kids (although, I don’t know that for sure).

3 Likes

Damn it! Should have read your reply before putting hair up my nose.

ETA: Those hairs seem to be real!

We’ve stumbled on a medical miracle - those tender, young nose hairs are being propagated and brought to maturity before being transplanted to Trump’s scalp.

1 Like

My take on it was "could he possibly look more like one of the Nazis from the Indiana Jones movie?

(the answer is: “no, not even if his face was melting!”)

3 Likes

That takes remarkable concentration, um, my friend says.

He reminds me of someone…

poltergeist-preacher

…a little less evil.

4 Likes
1 Like