Trump administration to radically expand 'Expedited removal' of immigrants, extrajudicial detention to increase

That’s because the democrats can’t run a good ad to save a life.

Ask someone if they would deny care at the ER to anyone and leave them on the street to die. Only the hardest person would say yes. That’s the ad they need to run.

We’ve already agreed we’re going to care for everyone. It’s just the method we’re talking about now.

They need to run 2 ads all the time. One that says ER care vs real care is fiscally wasteful. This has been sort of done, but not well. AND at the same time, one that has people denied care and literally left in the gutter to die.

Clearly label them fiscally irresponsible or killers. That’s the question to ask “Are you fiscally irresponsible or a killer?”

7 Likes

Not their/our/your job. This is a legit function of gov’t, as poorly and immorally as it’s being run now.

People should have the right to ply their trade. Your mentality essentially deputizes private citizens to become enforcement agents of the state. Instead of assuming a right to work unless proven otherwise, the system you propose means that every citizen has to prove they are allowed to work; I think that’s a dangerous totalitarian path to go down.

Don’t turn every employer into rats just because some people break the law.

3 Likes

I hear from Canadians when I am on business travel about staunch conservatives from the south who hold views like this.

The subtext is roughly, “Are all people from the US like this?”.

No. Just the shitty ones.

3 Likes

It’s the fault of those Sanctuary Cities for not enforcing the Sundown Laws.

4 Likes

IF ELECTED, I’LL PUT THE KIDS IN A BIGGER, MORE COMFORTABLE CONCENTRATION CAMP

2 Likes

If asking employers to check their employees have a valid, real SSN as part of hiring is the moral eqiuvalent of being a “rat,” then I don’t know how to counter a principle that absolute on your part.

The absoluteness on my part is that you (or your employer) shouldn’t have to prove that you are allowed to work, it should be up to the state to prove you aren’t.

3 Likes

Because Pelosi don’t give AF about the law. And the GOP are happy to break the law if it means “owning the libs”.

The Constitution as a foundation of our democracy is quickly growing obsolete. It’s a symptom of us transforming from a democracy into something else. It started off slow over many decades, but it’s going to suddenly go from circling the drain to sucking the whole country down the shitter.

2 Likes

As stated above, Stephen MIller, the architect of all this immigration cruelty, doesn’t care, and nobody has the balls or the inclination to stand up to our unconstitutional president. The message, “they’re gonna taak ur jerbs” is the intent.

If he succeeded in deporting every illegal (read Mexican), the economic consequences would be catastrophic. But, of course, his base doesn’t think that far ahead, if they think at all:

3 Likes

7 Likes

Here is the argument.

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2019/07/are-democrats-now-the-party-of-open-borders/

So, basically Warren wants to revert back to how things were like in the dark and distant days of the year 2000? The horror.

7 Likes

Whenever I see those flack jackets with “POLICE ICE” I assume that it is a visual echo caused by the yawn hole that resides in the wearers ethical core.

2 Likes

why%20not%20both

3 Likes

Here’s a short documentary on what’s about to happen:

Not at all the same. The companies aren’t enforcing those laws, it’s following the law with enforcement up to the gov’t. Sending in your employees’ withholding tax isn’t the same as being the IRS. Giving your workers hard hats isn’t the same as being OSHA.

Random raids are most certainly part of my principles. My principles also include protections against random search and seizure and freedom of movement, so internal checkpoints and random raids are right out. As are the ICE that were hanging out with a dog at the rest area the other day walking around the cars. Get a warrant.

One of my other principles is a presumption of innocence until proven guilty. E-Verify turns that on its head- the assumption is that you are illegal until proven otherwise.

Working is required to have money for food and housing. Having to first ask permission from the gov’t in order to have the most basic needs to live is indeed totalitarian. We’re not talking about “common sense regulation”- these are basic needs that can’t be met if you don’t have gov’t approval.

4 Likes

It is clearly unconsititutional, but the courts have rubber-stamp endorsed it in the past.

1 Like

At a maximum, negative 3 & 1/2 weeks from today:

(Yes, this was already posted, but I want to hammer on it. He still had not been released as of yesterday, after they’ve taken away his state ID and kept his mom’s original of his birth certificate/)

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.