Trump advisor Navarro gets four months for contempt of Congress

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/25/trump-advisor-navarro-gets-four-months-for-contempt-of-congress.html

5 Likes

The Virginian Lol GIF by GritTV

18 Likes

What would that even look like? The guy didn’t show up for court, what more is there to say?

9 Likes

4 months? Aw, come on, at least keep him in prison until after the election.

9 Likes

If he’s providing election advice to Trump then his presence could only hurt the campaign. Navarro has run for office in five different elections and lost every one.

10 Likes

I think the point is that when he’s advising the T**** campaign, it’s not about elections but about insurrections.

10 Likes

The time is too low. A 8 months to a year sounds right given his age.

The fine is ridiculously too low.

10 Likes
  1. Will he be held pending appeal?
  2. If appeal is decided in his behavior, what are his recourse options? (I am assuming that the appeal process will take at least four months.)
  3. If he serves his four months while waiting appeal, will the appeal be rendered moot?

I can see the appellant court give him a pyrrhic victory by granting him a judgement of $1 against Congress, leaving the matter on collecting the judgement to the movant.

1 Like

IANAL, but I think that’s only for the poors in the U.S.

1 Like

3 Likes

If Peter Rabbit were a legitimate scholar he’d spend his time learning about prison economics. Instead he’ll just nurse his crazyville grudge against “the deep state”.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.