Hello prison! Steve Bannon loses after federal appeals court upholds his conviction

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/10/hello-prison-steve-bannon-loses-after-federal-appeals-court-upholds-his-conviction.html

24 Likes

Season 2 Wow GIF by BBC Three

18 Likes

He’ll keep delaying, but a dungeon is awaiting that shambling mound of fascist pustules.

15 Likes

Hopefully his three months will be October-January so he’ll miss the election and swearing in of Joe Biden.

22 Likes

I doubt the higher courts will be willing to hear this.

12 Likes

The Hunger Games Thumbs Up GIF by Capitol Couture

10 Likes

Will prison keep sloppy goebbels from sending bullet points to stupid hitler?

11 Likes

he can pass notes to the secret service agent watching over the prisoner next door.

8 Likes

There was always this idea that the presidency of Donald J. Trump would reveal just how strong and reliable our institutions really were.

The wheels of justice have been moving really slowly (in part because these guys keep finding ways to obfuscate and delay), but one by one the assholes are getting their comeuppance.

The whole idea of Project 2025 is to render useless those institutions and rules. Even ignoring the White House, we need DEM majorities in congress to keep us safe, and hopefully shore-up the rule of law further.

18 Likes

I hope he keeps throwing money at lawyers over this losing case.

6 Likes

At the very least! Yes.

Burning The Fairly Oddparents GIF

7 Likes

A self-inflicted prison sentence?

6 Likes

From the NBC article on it:

Bannon still has the option of asking the full bench of the D.C. Circuit to hear his case, or he can petition the U.S. Supreme Court for review.

An order issued by the D.C. Circuit said the judges’ mandate will not officially take effect until seven days after further appeal attempts are resolved. That means Bannon is unlikely to have to report to prison immediately.

:rage:

11 Likes

9 Likes

Will they give him seven jumpsuits to wear?

6 Likes

That’s an even better nickname for him than my ‘semi-sentient pile of filthy, rumpled laundry.’

8 Likes

… so, he just needs to think of a new reason to file another appeal once every six days :thinking:

5 Likes

this feels wonderful.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.