Trump crony Steve Bannon receives four-month jail sentence, but released while he appeals

Originally published at: Trump crony Steve Bannon receives four-month jail sentence, but released while he appeals | Boing Boing

4 Likes

chelsea fc truth GIF

28 Likes

If his appeal fails, can the appellate court give him a harsher punishment? Because that would be awesome!

23 Likes

I thought his most recent sentencing was about the fraud charges for his fake Build-The-Wall charities…is that in addition to, or did I not read carefully enough (VERY plausible)

7 Likes

This was Contempt of Congress for his failure to appear for deposition in front of the Jan 6th Committee. The wall scam was what he was convicted and pardoned for while trumpty dumpty was in office. Since that was federal, NY has subsequently charged him with wire fraud and intent to defraud charges related to the wall because Tish James is a fuckin’ baller.

It’s in arraignment now, so hopefully he can skip right from the Fed pen into Riker’s Island or some similar five-scar NY accommodation.

Edited to clarify charges.

21 Likes

appeal the sentence in a “timely” manner.

For this pustulous shambling mound, that means trying to run out the clock in the hope that Biff gets the Oval Office back in 2024 and can pardon him along with the other fascists.

If he wants to emulate his hero and write a manifesto, though, he’ll need at least nine months in a country club prison.

13 Likes

And the award for “worst take on Bannon’s sentencing” goes to…

15 Likes

I don’t think he is alone in this bad take. These people see themselves as patriots and martyrs standing up to a tyrannical government which lately wants to - checks notes - alleviate student debt and free people in federal prison for possession of a plant.

This Very Patriotic Mission™ means that the DOJ isn’t prosecuting people for crimes, but for purely political reason. :confused:

10 Likes

What a joke. The sentence is meaningless unless it also compels him to testify. It should be x months in prison, after spending every day in jail until he testifies.

Otherwise, wtf good is a subpeona?

20 Likes

Thinking the judge is a fan of his show.

7 Likes

He may not be considered a risk for flight but he is at least an extreme risk for sloughing.

5 Likes

Dungeons And Dragons Monster GIF by Arlin Ortiz

Fight risk? More like a risk he will envelop and dissolve passersby.

6 Likes

the difference certainly is stunning

From March 8, 2019, to March 12, 2020 (except for a week from May 9 to 16), Manning was jailed for contempt and fined $256,000 for refusing to testify before a grand jury investigating WikiLeaks founder Julian

16 Likes

Why TF isn’t that semi-sentient pile of wrinkled, filthy laundry IN JAIL?!

10 Likes
13 Likes

Excited Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

7 Likes

Gelatinous mound? :grin:

4 Likes

Lock his bloated ass of a corpse up already. Four months isn’t near enough (first I read max he could get is 2 years but recently only 6 months). He’ll continue to grift until his appeal is denied.

7 Likes

… just like an ordinary person, Bannon says “I don’t agree with this” and the judge lets him go :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

See the source image

3 Likes